I knew this day would come....:(

Darktower007

Forum Supporter
Well... sadly my favorite park I’ve been pounding for a year is drying up almost completely. I pulled many silvers, coins, bullets etc. it’s not real big maybe 4 acres but I’ve gridded it with many detectors (Etrac,deus,fisher,equinox etc) and all I’m digging now is can slaw and trash.

I know I’m in the “gold” range but I’m a coin hunter. So I’m going to look for other older parks and maybe I’ll start finding coins again.
Happy Hunting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well... sadly my favorite park I’ve been pounding for a year is drying up almost completely. I pulled many silvers, coins, bullets etc. it’s not real big maybe 4 acres but I’ve gridded it with many detectors (Etrac,deus,fisher,equinox etc) and all I’m digging now is can slaw and trash.

I know I’m in the “gold” range but I’m a coin hunter. So I’m going to look for other older parks and maybe I’ll start finding coins again.
Happy Hunting

It’s like breaking up with a girl you love. We all know the feeling.

Happy Hunting

Alot of my sites are the same way, and I'm just like you, in most of my sites there's just wayyyy too many pieces of foil and other junk to worry about gold... Theres better areas to find the yellow than trashy city parks :yes:

Well I'm a firm believer in the saying that no place is ever hunted out. There are places we go that have been hunted over, and over, and over by more than just us, and we still seem to find a surprise silver from time to time.

Alot of my sites are the same way, and I'm just like you, in most of my sites there's just wayyyy too many pieces of foil and other junk to worry about gold... Theres better areas to find the yellow than trashy city parks :yes:

Ditto in the same boat here

It's just the opposite for me. I think I am alone here in town.

I hit a ball field, mainly sticking between the stands and the concession. Covered the area quickly, cherry picking the high tones mostly. Pulled a couple dollars of clad (some darned zincolns too). Every now and then I would pull a solid mid tone. Darned pull tabs. But signals galore overall.

I would say no-one has hit this in a very long time. I will definitely be hitting it again and work it again. The funny thing is when I was quitting, I put my gear in the car and got in. Some guy came up to me asking if I had been weed eating the area. Guess he didn't get a look at my machine. I politely said I wasn't and didn't elaborate further. He went on his way and I went on mine. Good day overall.

i have been detecting one park for over thirty years. Granted I don't find as many good items as I used to but there are some still there. You could miss something by an inch one time and hit it the next.

Happy Hunting

Sounds like you need a good Memorial Day weekend to fill it back up. :)

Do yourself a favor and move on for now. Come back later sometime when you have new activity at your honey hole. I do understand as I have several sites like this. I will hit them again in the fall. My good spots were mainly clads but a good bit of clads.

You will feel much better once you see gold in the hole.. Get to digging ;)

Back
Top Bottom