What are the differences between Minelab Safari and the ETrac?

NoShow

I was wondering if these 2 detectors perform roughly the same except that perhaps the Etrac has more programed settings?

Will they detect roughly the same? ie depth, ID, etc

Is it really worth the extra to pay for an Etrac? :?:

Thanks

Depth will be about the same, but ID won't be nearly the same, as the E-trac has 1750 target segments compared to the Safari's 51.

Is it really worth the extra to pay for an Etrac?
Depends on a number of factors, not the least of which involve your expectations. Where you hunt and what you hunt are also major components to include when deliberating what is enough, along with whether or not in your situations you would benefit from the additional features. Beyond that, let your budget be your guide.

About $700:laughing:

Think of it this way, for the cost you could buy a second water machine, water scoop, some other assorted goodies, ignore the safari and get an at pro

About $700:laughing:

Think of it this way, for the cost you could buy a second water machine, water scoop, some other assorted goodies, ignore the safari and get an at pro

I have been eyeballing the AT Pro and that might be my next purchase. How do they compare to the Etrac though? Will they find an item as deep? Have there been comparisons done between them? I would expect that the Etrac would perform better!?!?!?!?!?!?

Simple. You get what you pay for. So part of what you're paying for with an AT is it's being waterproof to 10ft. How important to you is that?

I have been eyeballing the AT Pro and that might be my next purchase. How do they compare to the Etrac though? Will they find an item as deep? Have there been comparisons done between them? I would expect that the Etrac would perform better!?!?!?!?!?!?

The etrac will beat the at pro with numbers etc, but for a value for your money youd be smart to get one, its std mode is great for starting out, its pro mode takes to another level, the tones are great for low iron, mid and high tone silver/coins.

Its waterproof to 10 feet, light at 2.9lbs, if you get the dual coil setup you should get it for $700 and the large coil is great for coverage and is a double d coil so great zoning in, it works wonders for me on high iron trash areas when you block out the iron.
The small coil is good for parks with high trash of all sorts, they both have great pinpointing, its just which one to use and an easy changeover.

It runs at 15 mhz which is good for gold and also has a slight ajustment for it for when your near another detector.

Its simple 100 number vdi gives you good information and the headphones are nice and loud if you need them, if your doing fresh water then obviously get the waterproof headphones but the regulars are good all the way to your neck.

The balance feel nice to me but id always recommend going to a shop and feeling all your short list to see what you feel best with but if you discount some obvious failings that are usually electronic errors all detectors can have out the box its a great purchase and can save you more the $800 on the price of an etrac....if your just starting out they are well worth it...like hand holding till your ready to move on and not a heavy learning curve, infact one of the best when comparred to their competition at that price.

Look at the people one here who are in love with them....and if you dont like it you can always upgrade later...i know i started out with one and it has done wonders for me

Used E Tracs are easy to come by because people are selling them to go to the CTX 3030.

Hmmmm

With my etrac Ive pulled colonial coppers from almost 24" down with ground thick with nails. I'd like to see another detector accomplish that

The E-Trac is much fast recovery in trash than the Safari. Feel free to give mea call and pick my brain. Lots of experience on the E-Trac and AT Pro. Love to help you!

Back
Top Bottom