Excelerator SEF "Butterfly" Coils

Suppo

The last couple of weeks I have been testing the Excelerator SEF "Butterfly" Coils on my Whites DFX. The 8"X6" works awesome in trashy areas and goes as deep as 8" for a dime. The 10"X12" was able to pickup a 1917 wheatie at 12" and a Large Cent on its side at 10". These coils also allowed me to max out my sensitivity; something the Whites 300 (12") concentric coil wouldn't allow me to do in this location. Today I went to a 1901 plantation home that I have hit at least 10 times and covered the same ground with both coils. The result was an additional 13 coins that included two Large Cents, four wheats and a V Nickel; all deeper then 7". These coils are awesome! If I had to find a fault in them it would have to be the weight of the larger coil. My arm was pretty tired after a couple of hours.

I would highly recommend them if you want to find more coins.

Yeah, weight becomes a factor as you get older.....that, plus me slipping on some ice last weekend have left me semi-unable to MD. But, where's there a will, there's a way!!!

I've stocked up on Ibuprofen, got a heating pad and take a long hot soak in the bath every day.......I'll be ready for spring!!!!!

Dusty

Hey Dusty I use this to help me out . it works as a carry all and gives me a place to sit down when MY bad knees give out . With this I can sit down without getting all the way down where it is hard to get back up sometimes . lol
Looks bad but actually pretty easy I just keep it close to where I am hunting packs all my stuff and water too .Would not be good Gold hunting tho doesn't have all terrain tires on it . When I first started detecting I had to use that walker to get down and back up but have gotten stronger now do pretty good but knees will give out on long hunts then I need it . Need to add that I also use the SEF 8x6 coil and love it took weight off my detector so its easier on my arm and it gets just as deep and like said works great in the trash like the parks hunt . But its very good coil and my most used coil in big more open area's where I want to cover more area I switch to D2 coil but for general use its the SEF 8x6 .

Harold

Attachments

• Bearharold.jpg
    Bearharold.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 841
I love my SEF 10" x 12". The depth is amazing, I pulled a buffalo nickel at 15". The separation with targets is amazing! I wouldn't use any other coil!

Back
Top Bottom