The wife and I are celebrating today.

ELCruisr

I'm sneaking this in here to show my wife later.

It's our 30th anniversary! :thumbsup:

We've been through the mill but we're still together. At 6 years we discovered she had multiple sclerosis. We were told by the "experts" (an ex is a has been and a spurt is a drip under pressure) in the field that 90% of people with MS as rapidly progressing as hers would be divorced in 5 years. Great thing to tell someone but they were wrong. :razz:

We've got the part of in sickness and poverty from the marriage vows down real good but maybe things are looking up! After years of canes, wheelchairs, intermittent blindness, gastric paralysis (liquid only diet), physical paralysis, being mute for long stretches of time (no guys it really isn't a blessing), chronic weakness, deaths door (according to those pesky experts) a few times and a bunch of other things she's my walking talking miracle and I still lover her to death. And no, there was no drug or doctor that worked it.... you don't want to hear my opinion of the medical system on a family rated forum! :shock:

All I can say is miracles still happen.

But aside from that we somehow fit in 17 years of living on a sailboat and bashing around a bit despite her troubles. Survived 9 hurricanes, a hit by a waterspout, two close calls from tornados, a close call with me and skin cancer, raised a darn good son if I may say so and learned a lot about true commitment and love along the way.

First thing we decided to do when she got better was we ought to take up metal detecting! We are having a ball and glad we can also hang around here to learn and share with some others. We might never find that chest of gold but even a wheat penny or a toy truck is a treasure to us. Just being able to be out and doing is incredible for us. Never take it for granted folks!!! Enjoy your family and friends and each day as much as you can even when it's hard.

May we have 30 more yet honey, I love you.....

What a lovely tribute. She's a lucky woman. You are a 'gem' among men, in my opinion. Hubby and I are at 34 years and counting. : )

Yes, Frankiefry said it all-you are a gem. Both you and your wife are definitely what commitment and love is all about. Happy Anniversary to both of you. We had our 24th anniversary and love doing this hobby together.

El - What a great testimonial ! You sure do know the meaning of love. My wife & I are at 45 years married now. Now go get that gold treasure waiting for you both, & may the Lord give you many more years, steve in so az

Back
Top Bottom