Pounded park gives up some chunky sterling silver!

Waveoff

Elite Member
My buddy Ty and I headed out to detect a local city park this evening just as the sun was going down. This particular park has been pounded to death by detectorists for decades. Folks still make some quality finds there but you really need to know your machine(s), be in the right spots and have a little luck!

I considered using the Etrac tonight because another local guy has been making some awesome finds there lately with his Etrac. I really need to learn the Nox so I used it instead. It didn't disappoint! My first decent find was the Navy coat button. The back was gone so I have no idea how old it is. The Nox was hitting the target pretty hard and deep. It was a good 8" down.

My next find was the sterling class ring surrounded by iron. You can still see the iron staining on the ring. The Nox picked it out nicely. There was also a key in the plug with the ring.

Finally, on my way back to my car I decided to swing my coil and I got a sweet sounding high tone. I dug the plug and plucked out this big, chunky sterling bracelet.

I'm starting to really like the Nox!

32tvEyD.jpg

ZCmli32.jpg

pwoeDwW.jpg

bVszRSH.jpg

JGoBMaa.jpg

7VIpqKP.jpg

uMV53Di.jpg

v42wfK2.jpg

Last edited:
Hey I found that exact same bracket in a park it was twisted up, so I had a jeweler straighten it out for me. I got it in display. Nice silver honker ring as well. Good knowing someone else has that bracelet [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow some great scores! Nice work!

Thank you!

Hey I found that exact same bracket in a park it was twisted up, so I had a jeweler straighten it out for me. I got it in display. Nice silver honker ring as well. Good knowing someone else has that bracelet [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! Do you happen to know who makes this bracelet? I tried finding this particular design on Google but only found a bunch of other similar looking bracelets. Apparently fist bracelets are a popular Caribbean theme.

Congrats on the nice finds . It looks like your getting really in tune to your Nox .

Thank you! It's taking some getting used to but I'm liking it!

A park may be pounded but people keep losing stuff all the time. It's not empty until I say it's empty!

And even then it's not really empty the targets are just too few for me to bother with...

Some very impressive Sterling recoveries Fred. Both the Ring and the Bracelet are great digs. Glad that the "Nox" is treating you good but don't give up on that E-trac as it is a very reliable swing you can count on. Congrats! Trapper

Nice finds! Yeah,that nox is a pretty good machine,gonna cover a lot of ground fast with it..Congrats on the machine and the finds..By the way,Hope it’s not in German? Like your Etrac came back in.lol

Killer finds. I’m really digging that bracelet

Bounty hunter - treasure hunter - cabelas
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring and 1876 love token

Great finds!

Thanks guys!

Those are some mighty nice finds...congrats! It seems the NOX does a great job in sniffy out those silver jewelry pieces in trash and iron.

Thank you! It seems to pick through the trash pretty well. I do still dig a fair amount of sweet sounding rusted nails though.:lol:

Nox for the win!!! Great hunt.

BCD

Thank you!

Both the ring and the bracelet are cool finds, not the typical design of either!

Thank you! They are definitely a little different. I've seen quite a few high school and college class rings dug but never a junior high school class ring.

Wow, that is awesome! You got a some serious silver out of there. Always nice to see old parks still giving it up. Congrats!

Thank you! I definitely wasn't expecting to pull anything like this out of the spot I was in.

Some heavy pieces of sterling for sure...congrats on the excellent hunt!

Thank you Captain!

Some very impressive Sterling recoveries Fred. Both the Ring and the Bracelet are great digs. Glad that the "Nox" is treating you good but don't give up on that E-trac as it is a very reliable swing you can count on. Congrats! Trapper

Thank you Trapper! The Etrac still goes with me on every hunt. The ID capabilities on it are a little better than the Nox.

Either of those alone are Killer! But Man! Wavy Gravy! Thats some silver there!

Thanks Mud!

Nice finds! Yeah,that nox is a pretty good machine,gonna cover a lot of ground fast with it..Congrats on the machine and the finds..By the way,Hope it’s not in German? Like your Etrac came back in.lol

Thanks Pete! I do like how much faster I can swing it and how my arm doesn't feel like it's had an intense workout after a hunt.:lol: She's not in German but I was considering putting the German screen protector on it. I was making some sweet finds with that Etrac when it was in German!:D

Killer finds. I’m really digging that bracelet

Bounty hunter - treasure hunter - cabelas
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring and 1876 love token

Thank you!

Thank you Mr. Burns!:lol:

Woah! That's alot of weight there, congrats!

Thank you! It's been a while since I've found a nice chunk of precious metal!

Back
Top Bottom