14K beach vacation

ne_seeker

I just returned from a great beach vacation with my first "gold" find. Got to take my new DetectorPro Wader for it's first real workout.

The chain shown below was found at low tide at the edge of the surf. It's marked 14K Italy and measures about 24 inches long.

Since I am normally a coin and relic hunter, I don't know too much about jewelry finds. Can it really be 14K and my first gold find?! It sure was fun to scoop something like this out from under the waves!

The clasp was still connected when I found it.

Attachments

• 14k.jpg
    14k.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 461
Excellent find!

I found a large gold chain a couple weeks ago, or did I say "gold," I meant "old," I found a large old chain a couple weeks ago--never did see the dog.

Congrats on your first gold ;) If you want a cheap test to find out if its not gold then stick it in a cup of bleach and if it starts bubbling and turns black then its not gold...

Congrats on your first gold ;) If you want a cheap test to find out if its not gold then stick it in a cup of bleach and if it starts bubbling and turns black then its not gold...

Thanks for the tip... I'll have to try it. I can see already that the beach holds some nice surprises!

That is a very nice looking gold chain. Congrats on your first pc of gold

Nice going on your first gold! Might as well go big! My first gold was also a gold chain.

Hey, "beginners luck" exists everywhere - of course it can be gold! I wouldn't doubt that its real with the markings you described. Keep enjoying the water.

I would bet that it is real. And from my experience, most Italian chains are machine made. Nothing special about that just an FYI.

Nice chain too.

Excellent, although I wouldn't apply the bleach, I'd rather not know. Then again I believe in the tooth fairy. LOL

Wayne

Back
Top Bottom