Are you people paying full price for the Equinox machines?

With all the hype driven demand you may need to pay full price to get one sooner then later. Right now it is a Supply and Demand driven market with the Suppliers having the upper hand. I guess you have to ask yourself how bad do you want one and what are you willing to pay. Myself, I really don't care price. I buy, test, and sell multiple detectors every year...keeping only the machines I really enjoy. I have even been trying to pay more then MSRP to get an 800 in my hand ASAP..so anyone out there with an unopened new in box Nox 800 I'll give you $1000 shipped to Michigan right now (hint hint):lol:.
There are now "DOZENS" of 800's listed for sale here in FL but the sellers want $1,200-1,500. AGain, good for them, they saw the opportunity and are cashing in on it.

Meanwhile, many of us have good relationships with dealers. They give us our "special pricing" whether the machines are new or old. Just gotta find a dealer that takes care of you. Heck, that is why many of us are able to but, test, trade/sell, and buy again. A dealer that recognizes that will capitalize again and again, instead of just one sale. That is a great business model!

Just looked at eBay's completed sale listings. Highest price yet for an 800 sold on eBay is $1377.00 plus $28 shipping. Most of the completed sales around the $1100 range! Crazy!

That top price is $610 higher than my price with MineLab's 15% military discount off of MAP. Almost double my price. I sure hope the person who paid that kingly sum purchased it to find the 10-carat diamond ring they lost on the beach recently...LOL!

Sigh...still #5 on the waiting list, but I can still hunt with my GTI 2500 until it arrives.

There are now "DOZENS" of 800's listed for sale here in FL but the sellers want $1,200-1,500. AGain, good for them, they saw the opportunity and are cashing in on it.

Meanwhile, many of us have good relationships with dealers. They give us our "special pricing" whether the machines are new or old. Just gotta find a dealer that takes care of you. Heck, that is why many of us are able to but, test, trade/sell, and buy again. A dealer that recognizes that will capitalize again and again, instead of just one sale. That is a great business model!

There are now "DOZENS" of 800's listed for sale here in FL but the sellers want $1,200-1,500.?? That sounds just like what our smaller Northern dealers are telling us is going on. That Minelab is not distributing the inventory equally, they are favoring the Big dealers with the stock. Also there are definitely dealers playing favorites because I can guarantee I spend more money on new detectors each year then probably 75% of this community...yet I get the whole, thats the best price garbage line all the time.

There are now "DOZENS" of 800's listed for sale here in FL but the sellers want $1,200-1,500.?? That sounds just like what our smaller Northern dealers are telling us is going on. That Minelab is not distributing the inventory equally, they are favoring the Big dealers with the stock. Also there are definitely dealers playing favorites because I can guarantee I spend more money on new detectors each year then probably 75% of this community...yet I get the whole, thats the best price garbage line all the time.
Let me clarify ... Dozens of folks on Craiglist and swip-swap (not dealers) selling for that price.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I figured if I have to wait for 2 weeks on a waiting list, I may as well just wait and see if someone puts one up used.

I'd buy one tomorrow if there was one to be had....just like the rest of you

Been on the waiting list for a while, I don't mind the wait though, gives me time to figure out If I really want/need the 800 or not..

Been there, done that with UPS. Frustrating as hell. Happens frequently with Amazon Prime deliveries, where the tracking shows the item ON THE TRUCK FOR DELIVERY, but never shows up, and rescheduled for next delivery day.
Customer Service people just know how to say "sorry for your delay".

NOTE: If this happens with Amazon purchases on Prime, call their customer service and complain. They will often put a $5-10 credit on your next purchase, for your troubles!

Didn't come again today and I am supposed to sign for it. Wasted all day Saturday and Monday waiting. Got to try and contact customer service I am guessing to report it stolen by an employee tomorrow.

You all thought I was a crazy for buying at $1370. Who is laughing now? Tomorrow, March 20 is the vernal EQUINOX. Coincidence? 800's will be going for $2000 and excelsior by April.

P.S. My sweet baby arrives tomorrow. I will be keeping her in the box and will hold until at least $3000.

You all thought I was a crazy for buying at $1370. Who is laughing now? Tomorrow, March 20 is the vernal EQUINOX. Coincidence? 800's will be going for $2000 and excelsior by April.

P.S. My sweet baby arrives tomorrow. I will be keeping her in the box and will hold until at least $3000.

:laughing: Dream on.

I actually had two bought and could have auctioned one on feebay as you saw the crazy prices they are hitting. But I let him have my other one so someone behind me could get one at the msrp. Be glad I am a nice guy:lol:

Hey Bro... for the record... You are a nice guy You pointed me in the right direction, just waiting my turn...:cool:

Mike in Myrtle Beach

Hey Bro... for the record... You are a nice guy You pointed me in the right direction, just waiting my turn...:cool:

Mike in Myrtle Beach

Thanks MB! Almost wasn't when UPS got here at 9:10 pm last night with mine.Never seen a UPS delivery that late here. Guessing when I was trying to talk to a computer 3 times they made someone finally deliver the thing:roll:

Thanks MB! Almost wasn't when UPS got here at 9:10 pm last night with mine.Never seen a UPS delivery that late here. Guessing when I was trying to talk to a computer 3 times they made someone finally deliver the thing:roll:

I've had em deliver late but never after 9pm , maybe 8 - 8:30 . Glad your new machine showed up , enjoy .

ha ha ha ha, would be nice! Then again, not sure why anyone willing to spend $2k would want an Equinox instead of a CTX? :no:

I can't imaging you will find too many discounts other than the military for quite some time while demand drops.

I got on a preorder list for an 800 on 9/19 with David @ River Team Six, great guy and once my number came up it was FedEx’ed out and received 2 days later for well below MSRP including that speedy shipping! He did me good, kept me updated, no money up front and I appreciated it. Stellar experience on a preorder from a first time buyer with him! :good:

I also bought my Equinox from a forum sponsor and did not ask for a discount but was sold one at below MSRP. Cannot say I have ever had a bad experience with a forum sponsor

Back
Top Bottom