• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

A little hobby of mine

SkiWhiz

Elite Member
Branch crayons, very inexpensive and they are fun to make.

Attachments

• IMG_20191026_202728094.jpg
    IMG_20191026_202728094.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 663
How do you grow them ?
I planted a crayon tree years ago and I cut one of the branches off when I want one. 😆. Just kidding, you cut a section of branch and drill a hole in each end and place a piece of crayon in the holes then widdle one end of the branch with a sharp knife.

This are really cool !!

Questions because this Inquiring mind wants to Know..

I get the drill a hole but how do you get the crayon portion to size nd be able to slip it sown the hole?.. I assume that portion is the "hard part"

again LOVE this !!

This are really cool !!

Questions because this Inquiring mind wants to Know..

I get the drill a hole but how do you get the crayon portion to size nd be able to slip it sown the hole?.. I assume that portion is the "hard part"

again LOVE this !!
I drill a hole in the middle of each end of the branch with a small drill bit then use a 3/16" drill bit to make the holes bigger. The holes do not go all the way through the branch, the holes are about 2" deep. I cut pieces of a crayon about 2 1/2 - 3" long and put a piece in each hole, the crayon fits snug but I do put a little white glue in the holes. I cut one end of the crayon flush with the branch (top) and whittle the other end (bottom) to form a point. These are not meant to be used/sharpened, they are just for looks.

I drill a hole in the middle of each end of the branch with a small drill bit then use a 3/16" drill bit to make the holes bigger. The holes do not go all the way through the branch, the holes are about 2" deep. I cut pieces of a crayon about 2 1/2 - 3" long and put a piece in each hole, the crayon fits snug but I do put a little white glue in the holes. I cut one end of the crayon flush with the branch (top) and whittle the other end (bottom) to form a point.
These are not meant to be used/sharpened, they are just for looks.

Okay, still a really neat decoration !

It would be a challenge for kids to sharpen them I guess :lol:

Nice work, Skiwhiz! Those are neat! :thumbsup: That sounds like something my brother would do. (Hear that, Wolf-Dog? Maybe you should try your hand at it. ;))

I drill a hole in the middle of each end of the branch with a small drill bit then use a 3/16" drill bit to make the holes bigger. The holes do not go all the way through the branch, the holes are about 2" deep. I cut pieces of a crayon about 2 1/2 - 3" long and put a piece in each hole, the crayon fits snug but I do put a little white glue in the holes. I cut one end of the crayon flush with the branch (top) and whittle the other end (bottom) to form a point. These are not meant to be used/sharpened, they are just for looks.

Ok I get it ..really cool !!

The looked thinner in the picture.. which is why I asked.. Thanks for taking the time to explain.. I love this idea !

Those are really unique and rustic looking. Tell your kids/grandkids these are what we used back when I was a kid.

Maybe you could melt the crayon into the hole.

Back
Top Bottom