Kept on ticken

George ....nothing wrong with the Xcal......Joes proof of that. Ive got one im not letting go of either. But the one thing the Xcal is known for it HATES iron in disc. I have a Nox but havent used it much the past 9 mos. I do mostly water hunting so the MDT runs like an Xcal in PP which i really like in AM. The Nox is a bit to chatty.... thou i like the machine out of the water. Once most machines get in the water .... there isnt much difference in depth/sensitivity. The MDT compensate for the salt with its adjustable salt balance..... so it maintains a good bit of both sensitivity and depth. I find it great to have all 3 machines and we know machines differ so ill hit a bit a few ways.

I am wearing it out shifting from disc to all metal. But such is life. I LIKE the way it only nulls on iron like all those danged bobbypins etc. It has been very good to me. I still dig an occasional item that it says is iron and it is 99.9 percent correct.

WHAT is wrong with digging iron especially in salt water? I get guns, knives, lighters, a bayonet, toys and other old and interesting objects that are iron. It is only sand we are digging in.

Not all my finds are great but enough that digging nails and bottle tops just doesn't bother me. I know we all do what we want but I guess the occasional major surprise outweighs the many junk targets I have to toss away.

I am going to pick up a finished bomb tonight. It was iron.

I am wearing it out shifting from disc to all metal. But such is life. I LIKE the way it only nulls on iron like all those danged bobbypins etc. It has been very good to me. I still dig an occasional item that it says is iron and it is 99.9 percent correct.

You should do a remote Disc/PP handle. Not that hard...

And if not just check that knob shaft O-ring every so often just to be safe.

There’s enough iron out there I sure don’t want to dig it especially at depth. One day with the Nox playing around I dug nearly 20 Bobbie pins and a dozen round earring hoops....and bottle caps. All three of those I can screen ID. That bigger stuff you never know.....the other day I got a boat anker

That is a sweet watch. Great find!! I love finding watches, in fact I found one this year and copied OBN's idea, put it on my excal to keep track of my "me" time so the wife doesnt get too salty. :laughing:

Attachments

• pic.jpeg
    pic.jpeg
    59.8 KB · Views: 176
I’m nuts about time.... I have to wear a watch ALWAYS. I’m just obsessed. I don’t know how people do it not wearing one even with cell phones. Military thing I guess.

I’m nuts about time.... I have to wear a watch ALWAYS. I’m just obsessed. I don’t know how people do it not wearing one even with cell phones. Military thing I guess.

Who really wants to know when the shark bites you in half :laughing:

George ....nothing wrong with the Xcal......Joes proof of that. Ive got one im not letting go of either. But the one thing the Xcal is known for it HATES iron in disc. I have a Nox but havent used it much the past 9 mos. I do mostly water hunting so the MDT runs like an Xcal in PP which i really like in AM. The Nox is a bit to chatty.... thou i like the machine out of the water. Once most machines get in the water .... there isnt much difference in depth/sensitivity. The MDT compensate for the salt with its adjustable salt balance..... so it maintains a good bit of both sensitivity and depth. I find it great to have all 3 machines and we know machines differ so ill hit a bit a few ways.

Dew, would that have nulled on my Excal?

Thats a YES Curt if you are using disc...... the watch and the knives null. In PP mode thou you can select by size what you might want to dig.... leaving those bobbie pins, fish hooks, wires and bottle caps to the PI guys.

Thats a YES Curt if you are using disc...... the watch and the knives null. In PP mode thou you can select by size what you might want to dig.... leaving those bobbie pins, fish hooks, wires and bottle caps to the PI guys.

THE KOB will take those bobbie pins and foil bottle caps 6 days a week and twice on Sundays ! To many times they have been rings.

Curt....... i have to correct myself. I just did an air test on the watch.... with the Xcal and it hit it in disc. Would air test ID about 15" on the Xcal in disc. So i air tested it with my machine..... and it hits around in the low digit Non-Ferr range. Far cry from what i got in the water. Im wondering since i run with a hot coil if i wasnt over the target .... or depth played a part in it.

Curt....... i have to correct myself. I just did an air test on the watch.... with the Xcal and it hit it in disc. Would air test ID about 15" on the Xcal in disc. So i air tested it with my machine..... and it hits around in the low digit Non-Ferr range. Far cry from what i got in the water. Im wondering since i run with a hot coil if i wasnt over the target .... or depth played a part in it.

Thanks Dew. I usually dig anything that nulls, but has a good tone just to the side of it. Craig taught me this many years ago, and it has paid off. Especially on watches and pocket knives? Must be from the mixed metals....(See ya soon buddy....:yes:)

There are targets that null worth the dig. The Xcal does a real good job at IDing size...... which really helps. Did ya Mod yours with a PPer? If not ... you're missing out. Someone told me ML PA is doing them now for about $90. You can really take advantage of FULL sensitivity in reverse disc.

Nice finds. I was over in the Gulf yesterday. No one was swimming weather was terrible. Only stayed for about 4 hours. Hardly any targets. You did good. Red tide is really hurting tourism there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tip about iron. I had a guy tell me he lost his watch. I didn’t get a good signal. Might hav been ringing in the iron tone. The IPhone 7 I dug this summer was hitting 35. Thought I had something good.

I saw those with the blue face. Been hard working the water and getting it to produce this month... so ya take what ya can get. Waters getting cooler.... all the snow birds arent here until after the holidays, Kids are in school, red tide AGAIN, had more hunters this years, new clubs, and its winter wave time. So its been a bit of a grind. I just enjoy doing it. Ive slacked off thou.... getting older. Kids and grand kids in the area and we have one living with us. It all keeps me busy. But the new machine seems to do well and ive done better than last year even with less time out there.

Back
Top Bottom