Just a wheatie, but I'll take it!

DIGGER27

In Memory Of
Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and
Haven't been out all that much and when I do go mostly I have been concentrating on little spots with very few coins but many difficulties practicing and experimenting with different settings on the F70 to see if I could squeeze just one or two good targets out of severely masked areas and more outings with a borrowed Red Racer.
This one came from a small strip of land that I had been over a lot and never found much.
It used to have five or six old homes sitting here but they were knocked down awhile ago when they built an expressway through here which runs right behind it.
Looking at Historical Aerials there used to be many little neighborhoods and tons of homes all around here but they were all wiped out when that road was built, most of the land was converted to commercial buildings but I still look for and hunt tiny bits of grass and dirt that still exist like this one.
There aren't many but the challenge to find whatever decent targets I can in s fun for me.

This site has the amount of junk, iron, nails and garbage you would expect in an area that had homes torn down.
On this hunt I was using both my F70 with the 5" sniper and also comparing some signals with the Red Racer.
On this one I got the signal with the Fisher, one of the only ones I had all day that I suspected might be a high conductor and not iron.
I was using my all metal blast through method which I have practiced and learned very well, this hole had two other pieces of rusty iron in it and more surrounding it, if you look up masking in the dictionary this would be the definition.
I tried the Racer over this same signal and in all metal, two tones and three tones using several different settings it couldn't seem to pick out the coin from the other iron pieces in the vicinity at all but I had the big DD coil on it which probably mattered...a lot.
I need to mount the sniper back on and try this site again.
So far this Racer which is supposed to be excellent in iron is not showing me much in my extra difficult environment compared to my F70 but there could be a few reasons.
A big one might be I just know my F70 way better than that one and haven't figured out the language and behaviors needed to notice the good stuff masked and deeper here so I will continue trying.

Still this is a 1919 wheat, my oldest coin this year recovered in an area I hunted before from a hole with iron in it and surrounding it so a cool little victory there.
Nothing better to post so far this year so maybe this is the beginning of many more...hopefully.
Got into the teens...hope to keep heading deeper into history as time goes on.

Attachments

• user10659_pic73815_1485189777_PerfectlyClear.jpg
    user10659_pic73815_1485189777_PerfectlyClear.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 166
Way to go, I recently got a deus and as much as you like to tinker with settings and enjoy hunting difficult areas the Deus would be a dream detector for you! I'm super impressed with the separation, sensitivity and esp the depth this thing gets!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

digger we in the south really have to pound the ground to find silver! I would rather find gold anyway!

Back
Top Bottom