A New Site That dates To The Revolution

Valkyrie

That's been sitting under my nose for several years.

My sisters house. Yep. She lives in a very upscale development. Million dollar plus homes in SE Pa. her next door neighbor put their house up for sale and I'm reading the listing. Gorgeous home. I knew it was the original home on the farm that was developed but I don't realize how old. In the listing, it talks of the homes history. Turns out it's very old. The original owner of the land was well to do and reportedly crossed the Delaware with Washington. Their house is the original colonial farmhouse on that property. Now it's been modernized but the old guest house is next to my sisters garage, and it now is a garage itself. Four car. And each house in the development is on 1-1.5 acres. My sisters house is the next house over. She is on 1.1 acres. Now she has a lot of it ate up landscaping and a big in ground pool and hot tub house but what lead me to this was she and I were talking this evening and she said her neighbors are selling their house and she was curious as to the asking price. So she sends me the link. And the line about the owner being a colonial was enough that I knew I had to go around my sisters home. And when I asked she said sure and I could likely hunt the neighbors yard to. She will ask them this week. They are friends and they socialize, watch each other's kids etc. so I'm really excited.

Who'd have thunk it. Sisters house was built in the 90s. I'm sure it's littered with !!!! from the builders but who knows. I know it was farm fields for sever hundred years prior. Can't wait!

Sounds promising, good luck! Definitely some good outside-of-the-box thinking there. That's a great method that I often use to find goodies. I sometimes hunt houses where there was something there in the past, be it a Civil War camp or an older house site. The only downside of this is that I always take a chance with the dreaded fill dirt.

Valkyrie, this still sounds like a great spot to explore.

Not every bit of land gets molested during these developments.

Get out those old maps and have some fun. If Historicmapworks can't help, maybe a local historical society has something for you.

Keep us posted!

Back
Top Bottom