F2 Reset ?

dumbdigger

Elite Member
I know our F2's have a reset by holding in the on button. Just want to make sure I do it right. When I hold it for 10 seconds, I dont see an actual change in the screen. It doesnt flash or go clear then restart. It doesnt do anything.
Or just do you assume it reset? One of the reasons for the reset is I noticed the last few hunts I went on the ID #s are one or two higher than in the past. So a quarter that came up 83-84, now comes in 84-85. Now the only time it has come in as 84-85 in the past, is when it is a state quarter or a silver quarter. Yes, I know it is most likely a state quarter before I dig.

Anyhow, I thought by resetting you would see a conformation on the screen.
THANKS DD

I know our F2's have a reset by holding in the on button. Just want to make sure I do it right. When I hold it for 10 seconds, I dont see an actual change in the screen. It doesnt flash or go clear then restart. It doesnt do anything.
Or just do you assume it reset? One of the reasons for the reset is I noticed the last few hunts I went on the ID #s are one or two higher than in the past. So a quarter that came up 83-84, now comes in 84-85. Now the only time it has come in as 84-85 in the past, is when it is a state quarter or a silver quarter. Yes, I know it is most likely a state quarter before I dig.

Anyhow, I thought by resetting you would see a conformation on the screen.
THANKS DD

On some other Fisher products there is conformation, on the F2 there doesn't seem to be one.

I have a related question: To do the reset, do you hold the button when the machine is off (thereby turning the machine on), or do you hold the button when it's on (thereby turning it off)?

I've done both ways, but see no difference in the screen.

I have a related question: To do the reset, do you hold the button when the machine is off (thereby turning the machine on), or do you hold the button when it's on (thereby turning it off)?

I've done both ways, but see no difference in the screen.

You do it on turn on - you will not see or hear any type of confirmation.

Back
Top Bottom