Silver with Ice! Dark Ice! ***New Photo Added***

dirtdigger1581

***UPDATE*** Got the ring back today from the jeweler. Looks all pretty now. I have one HAPPY wife tonight! :)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hit a new beach today on my lunch break. Searched for about two hours and found only about 40 cents and a lot of aluminum can parts & pull tabs. I was about to turn around and head to the car, but something told me to go for 10 more minutes. I'm glad I stayed...The very next signal, I dug two scoops of wet sand and out popped a nice .925 silver ring with 10 black stones. It wasn't until I got home and put the diamond tester to work that I found out they were real black diamonds! HECK YEAH!!! Love seeing those rings in the scoop!

Happy Hunting!

-Nate

Attachments

• 03may13_ring.jpg
    03may13_ring.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 566
  • 03may13_ring_2.jpg
    03may13_ring_2.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 314
Last edited:
Nice ring! Isn't it funny how fate or your gut makes things happen... your gut said to go on and you found the ring.... my coin ring last week I would have walked right by but I stepped to the side to let another hunter have his line and found that coin ring on the next swing after stepping to the side in the water....

GL and HH
Cliff

Haven't seen many black diamonds in my years of enjoying this hobby!!:no:

Great find!!:thumbsup:

CJ

Nice ring! Isn't it funny how fate or your gut makes things happen... your gut said to go on and you found the ring.... my coin ring last week I would have walked right by but I stepped to the side to let another hunter have his line and found that coin ring on the next swing after stepping to the side in the water....

GL and HH
Cliff

Sounds like me when i was working a grid pattern. Miles of beach early to sit and this lady sits right where i was heading. Sometimes i think people do it on purpose. Anyway i moved down a ways and first target was a 5 diamond ring:lol: I thanked her in my mind where she couldn't hear me:yes:

Just got the silver ring with black diamonds back from the jeweler. Looks brand new again! Tarnish gone, and I got a happy wife! :) See pics at top of page.

Good hubby and I hope to do the same one day!

On a side note, the use of none-traditional stone colors seems to be the prevailing trend among newly weds. The last three engagements (from my peers) have used engagement rings with dark sapphire or black diamonds. So even though its a silver band, if wifey changes her mind, I'm sure it would sell on ebay.

Your jeweler cleaned it up really nice. Man, that is a pretty ring for silver. First I have seen with real diamonds. Bet your wife lets you detect more often. :D

Back
Top Bottom