What A Hunt.....Both A Savanna Relic Hunt, Then A Cold Tundra Hunt All In One Day (long)

John-Edmonton

Elite Member
dudesa.jpg

Headed out today with my buddy Scott to try hunt some south facing slopes, where the sun has melted a lot of the snow, and in the past has given up some nice, old interesting finds. Today was another day with some nice finds. I got the opportunity to use my new Garrett backpack, which allowed me to easily carry an extra detector along. I used the GTI 2500 for the larger open areas, and the sniper coil on the ACE 250 for the thick bushes.

dudesd.jpg

Here's Scott's best take of the day. He managed a beautiful silver ring, an old tire gauge and some loot. It was very hot in this area working under the sunlight.

dudesc.jpg

Here's my over all take for the day.

dudesb.jpg

Here's by best find of the day. An old 1844 province Of Canada Token. I have been wanting to find one of these for a long time. In fact, it's taken me over 15 years. I found it using the ACE 250/Sniper coil, in some bushes so dense that you couldn't walk through them. The standard coil on my other machine just wouldn't fit in this area.

dudesh.jpg

Here's a few more coins and a button I dug up.

After about 4 hours hunting, Scott & I headed home, for a well deserved rest! After a snack, I decided to go hunt a snow hill close to home. It was such a lovely day, that I figured a lot of people must have been out too.

dudese.jpg

I switched to the large 9 x 12 coil on the ACE 250, so I could cover a lot more ground. The hill I hunted was quite large, so that larger coil worked in my favor. My first belltone signal got me the first of three 2 dollar coins.

dudesf.jpg

Man....I got another ring on a snow hill. They are quite rare in such locations. I did the dance!

dudesj.jpg

Looky here....it was getting dark out. What I thought was a Canadian Dollar coin, ended up being a US Dollar coin. That is definitely a first for me. :) Here is the ring I got. No stamps....I am guessing that it is silver plate. A nice find for this time of year, no matter what it is made of.

And below is my total take on the snow hill. Another great day! Six hours of pure enjoyment!

Attachments

• dudes g.jpg
    dudes g.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 375
man your hunts were way better then mine... i spent over 12 hours the past 3 days and came out with 4 bucks in change an no rings :( your an inspiration to us all mate :)

Nicely done John. Looks like you guys had a fun day. Nice picture presentation as well. Enjoyed looking at your finds. Thanks for a great post.

Nice finds John!! Weather finally broke here and snow melted... I was out all weekend. If only I didn't have to work.... hmmmmm....

Thanks John looks like you guys had a great hunt and some good finds .
Thanks for sharing with us ,our snow is just about gone here in Missouri now the rains are starting to move in for spring time . Good Hunting my friend ...

Harold

sounds like you had a great day! congrats on the token......its in really nice shape! I have a couple myself that i got in a lot of world coins i bought last year. one is an 1837 1/2 penny bank token like yours, but instead of the building on the one side mine has a guy walking. the other doesnt have a date but its a 1 sou montreal agriculture and commerce token. do you know if these are worth anything? not that im looking to sell, but just for my own knowledge. thanks and HH!!

Thanks for including pictures of your detector, coils, headphones, digging
tools, etc. Always interesting and an education.

sounds like you had a great day! congrats on the token......its in really nice shape! I have a couple myself that i got in a lot of world coins i bought last year. one is an 1837 1/2 penny bank token like yours, but instead of the building on the one side mine has a guy walking. the other doesnt have a date but its a 1 sou montreal agriculture and commerce token. do you know if these are worth anything? not that im looking to sell, but just for my own knowledge. thanks and HH!!

Mine is worth about 20 dollars. Probably a bit more if it wasn't holed.

Back
Top Bottom