Lost best friend last weekend

BluegrassJames

On Vacation...
Sorry if this is unnecessary to post this here, but I don't really have that many friends to talk too about this.

On Sunday, October 16th, my best friend was killed in a car accident, My other friend was driving and suffered a broken collar bone and got 20 stitches in his head.
I was hanging out with them only 30 minutes before the accident and was supposed to be with them. His funeral was yesterday, he was buried with his Guitar and other stuff he loved.
I just can't stop thinking about him, he could cheer anyone up by just saying one word. I wish I could of spent more time with him before this....

I sold all my silver/gold and coins and donated the money ($1,750) to his parents. Was that necessary to do? I wanted to help pay for his funeral,etc.., but I don't know if giving them money was the right thing to do...

About 7 of us got the same tattoo in his memory -
29678714831713860057410.jpg

It's a guitar pick with his name inside it..

Once again, sorry if this post was unnecessary, but I have nobody else to talk too at the moment.

R.I.P Kerry Holloway
1.21.92 - 10.16.11

FULL STORY: http://www.thenewsenterprise.com/content/19-year-old-killed-single-car-crash

Not unnecessary...

Sorry for your loss. That was a very noble thing you did by donating to pay for his funeral. It's hard to get over somebody you felt so close to. The pain will pass over time, but I believe in keeping the memories alive. Good luck to you.

Sorry to hear for your loss. It is a hard thing to deal with and live with. Lost my wife to Lung Cancer 4 years ago, and she was only 48. I really hope ya don't let it get you down.

What a great thing to do by donating the money to them. It will come back more than ten fold. Doesnt have to be in money, but something will come back to you in a very good way. Hang in there, and very cool tattoo.

You did the right thing. One of my best friends of over 40 years has terminal cancer and probably will not live more that another few weeks. I think we are the only one either of us has ever been able to talk to.

I'm sorry you lost your friend and your kind gesture to the family will be remembered for years to come.

Cherish your friends, time is short.

They say the best gifts given are those you yourself love and find hard to give away.
I am not sure what exactly your financial situation is, but it was very honorable to cash in and donate your treasure for his sake. I too would have done the same gladly. There's something far moe significant in your donation than in just any old sum of money, that's why you did it, and why your contribution shall forever remain special.

May he rest in peace, and stay alive in the memories of all those who loved him.

A job well done, I congratulate you.

Rest easy and accept our sympathy.

So sorry to hear of your loss. What you did was absolutely the right thing, and I commend you for doing so. Prayers to you and the family.
RIP

sorry for your loss , the money you gave for you best friends burial was a good thing .. can never help to much when family and friends are in need or comfort.

Just sucks that I won't be able to get a detector now until spring time.. He was helping me save for a detector and was ready to go out with me in the field...

Back
Top Bottom