The Final Say: Equinox 800

Minelab WM08 module is listed at $259 and $649 for the 600. Comes out more than the 800 at $899

For most people the WM08 goes in a drawer. You can get Bluetooth APTX Low Latency headphones for $35.

EDIT: Don’t get me wrong, I’m not pushing the 600 over the 800. I think the additions on the 800 are worth it. Especially the adjustable backlight, as I hunt at night a lot and don’t want my night vision killed by the 600’s full blast brightness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The Nox is good bang for the buck, has a modern feature set, and is fun to use. Will it "obsolete" the AT Pro? No.

Its funny, I been watching the reviews for a long time and I just ordered a equinox 800 yesterday. With the 6" coil also.

My main reason for buying this detector is I am a gold nugget detectorist, and this machine is one of the best new vlf's out there for hunting tiny gold nuggets.

Its as good or better than the old Gold Bug 2 for small nuggets on the gold fields according to reviews from some friends. I sold my old Gold bug 2 a couple months back thinking I would buy a newer tech machine to replace it eventually. Was waiting for the Fisher CZX but it hasn't come to pass yet.

I normally use a MXT Pro for my coin/jewelry machine, will have to see how the equinox 800 goes for that as well. I doubt I would sell my MXT Pro ever.

I should get my new equinox 800 on Monday, if so I will take along to Nevada for a week long nugget hunting trip. My main nugget machine is a gpx 4500 with 14x9 evolution and a 14" round elite.

The module is just not needed. The wireless Bluetooth is great. If I want to use my old wired headphones a 25 buck adapter will allow that. I bet 50 percent of them never see a hunt. But then I think a speaker in the box is a waste and just an entry point for water. People that don't wear headphones are annoying and missing the good stuff. And to be perfectly honest if you are making a video and passing the coil over and over and over a target you just make me turn you off. Dig the target already. If it beeps and has depth I don't care if it is a 26 or a 25. It's getting dug.

I think everyone who purchased a nox will be a bit biased.... Ive never owned a "bad" detector (except my kids bounty hunter jr which is the worst lol) very happy with the 600. Its a keeper for sure and fun to use. Price is good, features are great, and i just did an update on mine which I didnt realize it could do.

don't want to start a thread on the Bounty Hunter Jr. but my four year old grandson loves his. We hide coins in the grass and he finds them or we take him to the volley ball court and draw off a 10x10' square where we buried many of the old match box cars I have found over the years and he loves it. Getting him trained early.

Seems like a lot of positives for the Equinox. I may get an 800 with the small coil. I loved the small coil on the ATPro and never use the big coils unless I’m huge areas. But I hunt mostly trashy areas or deep woods. Even at the beach it’s a small coil. But I love the option to go bigger if needed.

Thanks peeps!

Seems like a lot of positives for the Equinox. I may get an 800 with the small coil. I loved the small coil on the ATPro and never use the big coils unless I’m huge areas. But I hunt mostly trashy areas or deep woods. Even at the beach it’s a small coil. But I love the option to go bigger if needed.

Thanks peeps!

To me, It seems to be a hybrid of my F70 and the Pro....Which is what I wanted....Yet this 800 is light years capable, with the multifreak and all the various settings a guy can learn....So yeah...its a Hunter!.

Attachments

• three rigs.jpg
    three rigs.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 393
I went from the ATP to the Nox 600 and am quite happy with the decision. I will say this, I wish there was a coil similar to the 5X8 on the ATP as the 11 is a bit nose heavy and the 6 is a little small. It does take some time to get used to but not too bad. 600 vs 800 I'd go 600. Unless you REALLY need to fine tune your detector setup 600 is fine.

BCD

P.S. Way more than 120 char. Sorry. :laughing:

The 5x8 was my favorite coils since I hunted trashy parks and woods with thick brush. The only time I used the stock coil when I decided to hit my route of volley ball courts and tot lots.

Long time fisher and and Garrett user. Finally grabbed the Nox800. People say the 600 is just fine unless you’re gold prospecting. My opinion is, I rather have the equipment I need in case the situation comes up. If you can afford the difference why not? We all know as MDers we naturally progress. Never know where you’ll end up next.loving the 800.

You cant go wrong with a machine thats producing..... at half the price of others..... great warranty, you can actually see the screen, wireless phones, water proof, multi use.... i mean for any kiind of hunting, computer upgradable. Simple to set up and use.

Down side to me..... chatty in the water, digits jump around, narrow digits requires you to dig more, repairs..... after warranty maybe pricy since they are doing more replacement than repairs, limited coils, some dont like the shaft or the phones, some dont like digging the tiny high conductor targets, iron tends to wrap around into the second bin right where the small gold hits so you really have to reswing on some chatter. Resale?? A little less refined than some machines.....

BUT...... IMO its a must have machine since it equals most machines ive used... at a very low cost with a very good warranty.

Minelab WM08 module is listed at $259 and $649 for the 600. Comes out more than the 800 at $899

True, but the wireless delay with the 2nd source 4.2 bluetooth headphones, is non existent IMPO. As far as small gold...I can't begin to count the number of "gold range" signals I pass up, as a basic coin shooter.

My 600 does what I need, and more, especially with the 6" coil, re-hunting my tired, over hunted spots. There's a point where general coin and jewelry hunters just waste money "for the top of the line."

I recommend the 800 for its feature set. Who knows you may have a chance to do some nugget hunting.
Hell yeah....800 is the one to get.

Wireless headphones

WM08 module

Plus stacks more options in the equinox 800 compared to the 600.

Plus gold mode.

800 all the way!!

Matt.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom