fixing a whites pi pro

seas1to2

my machine has been down for 2 plus years now. its been sent to whites at least 6 times and still doesn't work, I gave up on them. they replace everything,new pc board ( 2 times) 3 different coils and it will only pick up a coin if you put it within 1 inch of the coil. well yesterday I took it backout and started playing with it and took the circuit board out, there are 3 variable resistors, 1 on the back side is for volume, but 2 on the otherside not sure what they do butI think 1 is offset and other is delay, just need to know which 1 is what . they are the blue adjustable device. ....1 is near the edge the othermore near the center...... moving these I have increased my coin signal to 11 inch so far. thanks for any help

Attachments

• 20180430_144817 metal detector.jpg
    20180430_144817 metal detector.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 2,986
my machine has been down for 2 plus years now. its been sent to whites at least 6 times and still doesn't work, I gave up on them. they replace everything,new pc board ( 2 times) 3 different coils and it will only pick up a coin if you put it within 1 inch of the coil. well yesterday I took it backout and started playing with it and took the circuit board out, there are 3 variable resistors, 1 on the back side is for volume, but 2 on the otherside not sure what they do butI think 1 is offset and other is delay, just need to know which 1 is what . they are the blue adjustable device. ....1 is near the edge the othermore near the center...... moving these I have increased my coin signal to 11 inch so far. thanks for any help

There are many aftermarket Surf PI detector kits and I think you should be able to get parts and info pretty easily. If you don't find what you need by google searching Surf PI kit schematics, then visit http://www.geotech1.com/forums/forum.php which has a TON of techy members and info on building / repairing detectors.

G/L!

Yeah I been looking at those aftermarket kits,and they were saying how to adjust the kit, but the whites circuit board is layed out different so not really sure. My knowledge of electronics is very small , but since it's already broken i have nothing to lose. i will see about getting on that form and see if I can get some information .

Back
Top Bottom