1965 quarter, silver or not?

Mottz

Forum Supporter
I know the last date was 64 for the silver. But a few 1965's are really making me question it. And I know that there are some silver 65's out there from what my coin book says. Here's my reasoning. The wife is having a garage sale and I was checking all the change and found 4 1965's and a few 66's and 67's. Just dropping them has a distinct tone difference from the later years. So I move my attention to the sides of the coin. It shows the half silver/half copper colors. But on the 65's the silver is on the heads side/copper on the tails side. But the 66 and 67's the copper is on the heads/silver on the tails side. Does that make any sense? Is there any reason why that would be or should I just always let the 65's go back out into circulation?

Very rare but few 65's were minted in silver and are insanely rare! One in UNC could fetch over 5 grand. The easiest way would be to weigh it.
Silver: 6.25 grams
Clad: 5.67 grams

No problem, we all live in hope!

Hope to find a gold ring or other gold goodie!
Hope to find a rare coin in great condition!
Hope to find a box loaded with silver coins while CRHing!

:toofunny: Ain't that the truth!!! How've you been KT:?: My Wheat book is still fairly vacant with the 10's to 39's... have a good portion filled, but still going to take a while to do the rest. The VDB's... ummmm, yeah...:laughing::laughing::laughing: Again, living in "Hope..."

HH \_ bud

btw, to the OP, I threw a '65 one time because that's ALL that comes out of the ground here. I swear, the 1.8 Billion ain't no joke man... I'm finding them:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Back
Top Bottom