1910 V nickel in circ. !

DougF

Elite Member
I came to work this morning and a co-worker had a 1910 V nickel that he found in his change. It has some green corrosion, so I suspect it was picked up somewhere from the dirt. Maybe some MDer spent his finds by mistake. I haven't even seen a buffalo in circ. for at least 20 years.

Rare indeed but it happens!

I had a friend that was a carhop that received a peace dollar form someone paying for their meal.

Some explanations could be stolen from a collection and put into circulation, or found on top the ground by someone not know the value and put in circulation.

Keep your eyes out now more than ever. With prices for everyday things like food and gas going through the roof, there are a lot of retirees out there, like widows on fixed incomes, whose late husbands coin collections are just gathering dust. They may be tempted to spend them, not having any idea what they are worth. Sad, but true.

Doug, the guy I used to hunt with used to put worn or discolored V nickels he found in the drink machine at work...I've still got a couple I got back in change from the machine...but better than that, his 8 y.o. daughter got into his collection one afternoon , went to the store, and put a 2 peso gold and some of his dug Barbers in a Coke machine..he always claimed he got 'em back and I hope for his sake and her's that he did.. HH Roadrunner_426

I got a D nickel in circ the other day, the first one I have ever seen before in my entire life, worn pretty bad but non-the-less a D nickel. I pulled about 6 bucks of 1947 50 cent pieces from a gas station in circ the last couple of weeks. Very true the amount of old coins in circ is growing more than ever. Keep your eyes peeled :shock: You never know what you'll find.

HH as always,

Bri-

Yup, I have gotten a couple of buffs back in change. Not in the best of shape, but buffs none the less. :yes:

When I was about five, my siblings and I got into my dads coin collection and went to the corner store and spent it all in the bubble gum machine. Barbers, Indians and more. Boy did we get it!
J

Back
Top Bottom