Odd Lincoln "coin" found

Danimal

Will post a pic later or tomorrow, but today I unearthed a 1-1/4" dia. apparently copper maybe bronzecoin with a bust of Lincoln on one side. His name above the bust, "16th President of the United States" below the bust, flanked by the years of his term, 1861-1865
On the reverse it states:
"Abraham Lincoln Born .Feb. 12th 1809. The Great Emancipator. Brought the Nation through it's greatest crisi, the Civil War. Proclaimed the first Thanksgiving Day. Died April 15th, 1865. Letters are all in caps. No reeding, but reeding on the faces.
It really appears to be in too good of shape to be THAT old, but under a loup it DOES look quite aged.
I'm thinking a more modern commemorative...but there are NO dates or markings to indicate it's age.
Any ideas?

Might be worth a buck if in good condition. That Ebay link asking $25.00 was way out of line! I've seen that medallion? listed in other spots, but gosh darn it, I can't seem to locate them :(

I ran across a few out of date google results that were obviously referring to the same token, one stating a $2000.00 value!...but the inks weren't useabe.

One stated it was made by the Lincoln Mint in 1909!!, but further searches using that data resulted in NADA

Oz...it's in Verrrrrry Fine condition!!!...like I said, looks almost newish, minus the gold gilt. Maybe the Gilt slowly dissolving protected the coin

I NEED to know MORE!!

I found a 1864 presedential token that is worth $200. I found info at a place called heritage coins. You might look there.

I think it is from a set of presidential medals, I found a very similar one of Woodrow Wilson. The ebay one did not get any bids at $25 so that price is obviously too high. I would go along with a buck or two, but with the gilding gone maybe not even that.

I think it is from the 1960,s Shell oil or some such oil company put out a presidential set similar to your description.

Got a similar one of Coolidge I dug a while back..drink machine wouldn't take it.. Roadrunner_426

Back
Top Bottom