• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Is silver REALLY a good investment for a SHTF scenario?

I have some silver coins just because they are not making them any more. I keep my firearms and ammo just because. I have owned firearms most of my life and will continue to do so until such time as it becomes time to occupy that small plot of land by that old country church.

Can I have your permission to detect that small plot of land? :)

Attachments

• twinkie.jpg
    twinkie.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 102
Can I have your permission to detect that small plot of land? :)

Since it now belongs to me I already took care of that. Plus all the unoccupied area around that church. Surprised me since the church has been there well over 100 years that I found less than a dollar in clad.

Since it now belongs to me I already took care of that. Plus all the unoccupied area around that church. Surprised me since the church has been there well over 100 years that I found less than a dollar in clad.

Really? Bummer. Year before last I had permission to detect an old church a couple of towns over but never got around to it....new head priest, and asked again and was told no :(

I'm SURE there's stuff there...used to have huge picnics there and celebrations....

:laughing::laughing: WTH you need the ashtray for? To throw at the dog? I dont get it? Ashtray? Beer coozie for sure, Dale Earnhardt ball hat of course, but not an ashtray?...You can easily make one out of an empty beer can with no modifications required at all! You certainly aint gonna last very long in the SHTF!...
MUD!....Really?! That blew right over your head, or are you being facetious?

(In case you're serious, it's a movie reference to "The Jerk", starring Steve Martin.)

As an aside, an apocalypse scenario has far too many variables to really plan for it. Oh, you can do as preppers do, and stock up for about everything imaginable, but then you're expending funds and effort on something that's so far-fetched as to be fantasy/fiction.
I suggest the basics, shelf-stable foodstuffs for a month or two. Water, and/or purification means, heat producing items such as candles and waterproof matches, firearms and ammunition, and a decent shelter, hopefully somewhat remote. To be "trapped" in an urban setting with the rest of the panicked masses will not assist you in survival, and that is the whole point of this discussion......survival.

To those of you that have espoused your beliefs of no firearms; In a SHTF situation, you're going to discover the error of your ways. Don't take my words as insults, but as instructive criticism. You are free to believe as you wish, and you don't have to account to me for yourself, but, there are those who will have no such values as yours, and they will feel no remorse over taking your life, then taking anything of value you may have.
In a post-apocolypse scenario, the risk of communication being down is high, and relying on law enforcement will not have good results. Take a look at the history of Los Angeles, post Rodney King trial, and that should tell you everything you need to know.
Preparing is fine, just be careful of what you expend your resources on to do it.

Just my opinion.....Roger

Last edited:
Right there with ya on this one.

I have some silver coins just because they are not making them any more. I keep my firearms and ammo just because. I have owned firearms most of my life and will continue to do so until such time as it becomes time to occupy that small plot of land by that old country church.

In a SHTF situation it would be best to have an umbrella , raincoat and a pair of galoshes so you can get to the business of unplugging the fan .Then it would behoove you to have a lot of cleaning supplies and air freshener .Situation solved.:D

Reminds me of that video of a Roomba automatic vacuum cleaner and a dog that just couldn't hold it any longer. LOL

If the SHTF, we have a feral cat problem in my town......i have a .22 and a lot of seasoning...... I should be good for a month.

I'm not a SHTF believer. If I was, food, meds, guns, ammo would be stocked heavily in my basement. I would probably have some PM.

BCD

Yes and no. You may not realize the the US mint has been making silver coins in half dollar, quarter and dime form, from 1992 to present, San Fransico mint.

Yes and no. You may not realize the the US mint has been making silver coins in half dollar, quarter and dime form, from 1992 to present, San Fransico mint.
And the premium on those later mint offerings is HIGH. Tried to buy some silver eagles this past weekend and the best price anyone would offer was twenty bucks and that was not for uncirculated coins

And the premium on those later mint offerings is HIGH. Tried to buy some silver eagles this past weekend and the best price anyone would offer was twenty bucks and that was not for uncirculated coins
Right you are! But I’m talking about US 90% silver halves, quarters and dimes currently produced today. Maybe I’m nitpicking, but they are still making them.

What people do not realize is that the Zombie Apocolypse isn't really zombies. It will occur once Mud Puppy learns to self-replicate and floods the world with exact copies of himself.

Fear the day. FEAR IT!

In a post-apocolypse scenario, the risk of communication being down is high, and relying on law enforcement will not have good results.

Shoot, took Police and EMS 45 minutes to make it to my neighbors house when he chopped his foot in half with a chainsaw. We live 5 minutes from town(small about 1500 people). But we are not in the village so town police and emergency will not respond to my area. They instead send state troopers, which could be anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour away. I NEVER count on someone else coming to my aid. This is one of many reasons we own firearms, if something were to happen no one will be there for us.

Back
Top Bottom