PI test: Sand Shark, Dual Field, Headhunter Pulse and PI 1000 video comparison

Me to Craig, me to. Does that make my point any less valid? We just disagree on what the videos show. I say they show the Tesoro Sand Shark can hold its own with any other pulse induction beach machine costing $1,200.00 or less - Twice the price of the Sand Shark. From what I can see, less than 10-people on the forum disagree with me. You guys go out there and get ya some with your machines, and I will continue to do the same. :cool:

Squawk... polly want a cracker :laughing:

You know what's funny, my Tejon beats my Infinium and all the other PIs in these videos in air tests... but once in the ground, the Tejon loses depth and PIs gain depth and blow the VLFs away, except on the earring backs/thin chains, which my Infinium cant even hear.

Do you know why this is? The Pulse actually uses the minerals and or salt sort of like an antenna. They go deeper by bouncing of the minerals so to speak.
You cannot look at an air test with PI's. It is no where near accurate.
Its the opposite with VLF machines. The air test is as good as it can get depending on ground conditions.

Do you know why this is? The Pulse actually uses the minerals and or salt sort of like an antenna. They go deeper by bouncing of the minerals so to speak.
Its the opposite with VLF machines. The air test is as good as it can get depending on ground conditions.

Voodoo physics.

On the other hand, the presence of heavy mineralization and or conductive salts also increases the "background noise" being received by the detector, precisely in the same time domain space where small gold targets are detectable. In other words, heavy mineralization will cause a PI to lose detection depth on small gold items, even though they will continue to hit strongly on silver and other high conductance targets.

:lol::laughing:

Yeah, I do want a Cracker!

Squawk... polly want a cracker :laughing:

So a friend sent me an email saying that Hobbit had purposely used batteries with over 20-hours on them in the Sand Shark, and new ones in the other units. Even with the older, weaker batteries, the Sand Shark STILL performed just as well as the other machines costing twice its price. You cannot trust air tests or folks with agendas. Youtube "tests" have no controls, and are usually performed by clueless types that like to hear their own voices rather than get out and hunt.

The jig is up fellas. Your methods and angendas have been exposed. There are any number of ways to make a test go the way you would like it to. Trying to call thousands of successful Sand Shark owners liars and morons? Well that may be a little tougher for you. I am still waiting to see all the booty the tester has found with his superior machines.

I guess when you don't have any facts to back up your point of view, you just revert to Washington DC tactics and start calling your opponent names and posting "negative ads" like old Twilight Zone clips.

Fellas, you're cooked. You continual bashing and bullying doesn't mean a thing and only makes you look juvinile and petty. At least try and make an intelligent argument.

I continue to say the Sand Shark is just as good as ANY other PI costing TWICE it's price. :cool:

I guess when you don't have any facts to back up your point of view, you just revert to Washington DC tactics and start calling your opponent names and posting "negative ads" like old Twilight Zone clips.

Fellas, you're cooked. You continual bashing and bullying doesn't mean a thing and only makes you look juvinile and petty. At least try and make an intelligent argument.

I continue to say the Sand Shark is just as good as ANY other PI costing TWICE it's price. :cool:

There is just no point arguing with someone who won't accept reality.

Just know that every time you recommend the Sand Shark, I'll be linking to this thread so they can see the truth.

Is it just me or do these comparison/depth test posts strike anyone else as being pointless? Either you are having fun and enjoying whichever machine you use or... you're not. I could care less if Joe Blow in Kowabunga gets 3/4 of an inch more depth with his Saltbuster II over his Megahunter V in his particular conditions.

To me it all seems childish..."my machine beats your machine..neener neener neener..."

Is it just me or do these comparison/depth test posts strike anyone else as being pointless? Either you are having fun and enjoying whichever machine you use or... you're not. I could care less if Joe Blow in Kowabunga gets 3/4 of an inch more depth with his Saltbuster II over his Megahunter V in his particular conditions.

To me it all seems childish..."my machine beats your machine..neener neener neener..."

Not trying to start any kind of argument, but some people enjoy and learn from the posts, others don't. One thing nice, we all have the ability to change the channel if we don't like what's playing.

I agree not all the threads have been to my liking, so I have skipped those, others have been very informative and those I have enjoyed and even learned from.

Not trying to start any kind of argument, but some people enjoy and learn from the posts, others don't. One thing nice, we all have the ability to change the channel if we don't like what's playing.

I agree not all the threads have been to my liking, so I have skipped those, others have been very informative and those I have enjoyed and even learned from.

Very true CanSlaw, perhaps it would be better if the moderators simply took all this type of post from various forums and moved them to the "All about Detectors" forum where they probably belong, or started at depth test and comparison forum....

Meanwhile I'll go back to ignoring them. :)

Well Im not rich and was looking at the sand shark. really does it matter if one goes an inch or two deeper? not everyone can afford 1200 + for a metal detector my budget maxs at around 600. All i want to know is it a good detector, is it worth the money?
I live on the gulf coast, and want to search the water, I want a good detector for that. I dont know what kind would be good for that. Im on a budget. what i wana know is just because it dont go as deep is it still a good unit? or should i buy something differnt than a pi unit.

Well Im not rich and was looking at the sand shark. really does it matter if one goes an inch or two deeper? not everyone can afford 1200 + for a metal detector my budget maxs at around 600. All i want to know is it a good detector, is it worth the money?
I live on the gulf coast, and want to search the water, I want a good detector for that. I dont know what kind would be good for that. Im on a budget. what i wana know is just because it dont go as deep is it still a good unit? or should i buy something differnt than a pi unit.

This is only my opinion. If you have a limited budget, don't mind digging it all to learn the hobby, then the Sand Shark is an excellent choice. I started water hunting with a Tesoro Piranha, the predecessor to the Sand Shark. I soon moved up to a detector that had some discrimination as the beaches I hunt are very trashy, but that detector was twice the price.

Yes, the Sand Shark is a good detector, and yes it is worth the money. You will also need to spend another $150 - $200.00 on a good sands scoop. Water detecting is not cheap. Good Luck! :cool:

Yeah, it's a good detector for the price.

If you can get about $650, I would go with the Garrett Sea Hunter MK 2 though. Interchangeable coils and headphones is a very nice thing to have, has an adjustable pulse delay which is a must in my opinion, and also I like that the battery compartment is seperate from the electronics compartment. It's the same detector that Mel Fisher uses to salvage shipwrecks (Atocha) with. If you give New England Detectors a call, and tell them you are a member of Friendly Metal Detecting Forums, they will give you a better price than advertized.

Back
Top Bottom