If you do Research here is a tip on a Cache Illinois

Michaeltime

Elite Member
First wife's Great Uncle Clarence Sullivan told of his dad having burried silver coins in jars near fruit trees on his property in I think Peoria Illinois. Clarence had a twin brother that died as a kid from a tornado. He also had a brother and sister but I forgot their names. They have all passed away. I will never get down there and I am not good on research to find the property. Clarence lived on the corner of Snow and another street in Battle Creek Michigan his brother lived in Illinois, his sister lived in Battle Creek. Thats about all I know. Let me know if your research pays off and you find the silver. I am only interested in hearing of your luck. The wife has passed away this year we weren't close after the divorce several years ago, 30 some years ago.
Good luck HHing . I am thinking he said it might be under apple trees. Uncle Clarence got me started metal detecting. By the time I got the Eagle ll I think he was not in good health to go looking.
M6 Mike

Some have missed what I was saying: The property with the jars of silver coins is in Peoria Illinois . You would have to research under Clarence Sullivan (if I spelled it right, he lived in Battle Creek before he died on the SW corner of Snow) I don't know what his Dad's name was . I think the property may still be in the family there in Illinois. I am pretty sure it was back in the 1970s. I kind of think my wife's uncle's brother lived on the property but not sure. I can't remember his name. Wish I knew more to help out but that is about it. Other than Great Grandkids all have passed away now. Maybe down to Great Great Grandkids as my x wife died in April this year. Her brother Todd lives in Battle Creek again. The whole family was a interesting bunch as my wife's mother's side was back to an inventor by the last name of Child I think that is the right spelling he built and sold air compressors and other things until a NY compnay bought one and patianted it and he wasn't alloud to make and sell them anymore. Due to a goof up on Todd's part my x mother in law lost the stock holdings nearly $1,000,000. to the church as a living female had to live in the Child's home to keep the stocks. They only had to wait another generation to break the will and sell off the stocks.

I would suggest finding Clarence's obituary in Battle Creek. This would most likely list the name of siblings and perhaps his father and mother. Using census records and Peoria city directories one could find the location of where Clarence's father lived.

Search "snow ave battle creek Michigan" on google maps or just on maps for phone. Check out the houses north on the corner. Larger places are going to have more apple trees. The trees most of the time were planted in lines. In the fall the apples would be easiest to see but asking around the neighborhood might get you somewhere. Obviously don't let people know what your up to. Just say you make pies and want non store bought apples. If this is truly there then it seems like a easy pick. All the hard works done just go find that apple grove.

Way too easy to find with just google maps. How many people are sneaking around that yard right now. There is one house with a larger yard, and a newer house actually on the corner now. The trees in that larger lot look like older overgrown fruit trees.

Where a cach might still be in the ground.

Search "snow ave battle creek Michigan" on google maps or just on maps for phone. Check out the houses north on the corner. Larger places are going to have more apple trees. The trees most of the time were planted in lines. In the fall the apples would be easiest to see but asking around the neighborhood might get you somewhere. Obviously don't let people know what your up to. Just say you make pies and want non store bought apples. If this is truly there then it seems like a easy pick. All the hard works done just go find that apple grove.

Just got back to this tread. Uncle Clarence Sulivan (my spelling is bad) lived on the south west corner but the place I told about is in the area around Peoria Illinois. He told me he remembers being told his dad buried the coins near apple trees on the property. When his dad died I don't know but was long before 1970 at the time I think the property was still in the family.
M6 Mike
He was my wife's Dad's ( Ralph Bosher) Uncle on his Mom's side the family. Ralph's Mom and Dad lived in Battle Creek to and have long since passed away. Most of my x wife's family have passed away that live in the Battle Creek area . She just passed away in April this year. I don't remember the corner they lived on but I think I have been past where the house was and it is torn down. I searched a old football field out back across a ally with no luck back in the 70s but I didn't have a good detector back then. They lived on the NE side of Battle Creek. Sorry I am not of much help here . I remember my wife's Grandpa Bosher having a can of money under the sink. So you can see how these two families kept their money hid. They didn't believe in banks much.

Back
Top Bottom