I need to find a silver

NavyDT

So it's been about 35 hours since my last silver. I need to find another one. Tot lots around here are barren. Parks have obviously been picked pretty clean and there aren't really very old so silver is going to be more of the modern variety. Most everything was built from 1950 to 1970 around here.

Where do you guys go to scout for silver? The out of mind places are really what I need.

Any ideas crew?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Look for city owned up for auction property your thinking abt buying just looking around to see if there are wires and pipes burried near the surface your interested in the land for rebuilding if someone asks I do it here in ct all the time with a friend who flips houses I go with him to look at properties and bring my md everytime good luck

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

My last silver find was in a school yard. I had detected that yard before and knew that I would not find anything but maybe a dollar in clad but I had some time available. School was opened in 1983. Hit the tot lots and found one cu penny. Hit the dirt and was finding the rare piece of clad Was making my last grid towards the exit and lo and behold a 1952 rosie came peeking out of the dirt. 500 miles away from home and silver in the hole.

My last two silver coins have come out of areas where I would have accused you of lying if you had told me that I would find silver there.

My best areas for silver coins has been old home sites. The older the better.

I recently found a 1941 Merc in Kansas beside a 4-year-old basketball court. It was about 3" down.

There had been an old High School there, I'm not sure when it was torn down. But this ground had certainly been disturbed when they put the court in.

I would love to know the history of that Merc, how it ended up there.

But that was longer than 35 hours ago! I'm not sure I'd get too anxious yet!

I recently found a 1941 Merc in Kansas beside a 4-year-old basketball court. It was about 3" down.

There had been an old High School there, I'm not sure when it was torn down. But this ground had certainly been disturbed when they put the court in.

I would love to know the history of that Merc, how it ended up there.

But that was longer than 35 hours ago! I'm not sure I'd get too anxious yet!
35 hours of detecting time. So a few weeks normal time. 23 wheats in that span lol

Currently, the best and easiest place to find silver is on private property, yards of houses built after 1940 and before 1960. In that that twenty year span, children and people in general had more money than in previous times, and more was lost. There is considerably less trash, less iron, and no coal slag from old coal furnaces. If you can get permission to hunt the yards of some mid 20th century houses, I will be surprised if you do NOT find silver there.

That has been my experience.

Good Luck!

35 hours of detecting time. So a few weeks normal time. 23 wheats in that span lol

It's my impression that there is much more silver to find out east. Here in the middle of the country, we don't have the history and old town sites you have to explore.

Most of my silver finds have been new silver rings. I've only found three coins, a silver Rosie, a 1893 Barber quarter and the Merc.

Well yesterday I found 2 in one hunt. Wasn't from the old school but from my other spot! Sooo happy!!!

Well let's see those bad boys! Or girls lol congrats on curbing the sickness momentarily :laughing:
Here they are! So damn beautiful!!!
23aaff4e48def4b2fe6d765e08a12fdc.jpg
29d1e81d4a578720811c81f008bec1e1.jpg
0b76923cedfa083e500f3fa2d8cb9ffc.jpg

Back
Top Bottom