XP Deus operating temperature question

Mr. C

Well my wife got me an XP Deus for my birthday (she rocks) and an arctic front is coming through tonight.

My first outing with the new MD is in jeopardy because the high for tomorrow is 26.

Anyone know what the operating range is....

If I went out for an hour just to wet my appetite, would it be problematic for the unit?

Thanks
Mr. C

looks like I have to wait, becasue its a high of 23 (-5) tomorrow and then wind chill. Oh well....gonna be worth it once I can get out. Thanks TN.

I received my Deus last year, Jan/2016, cold and froze ground.

I couldn't wait so I just went on my own property and wanted to hear what it reports.

I even got a can of spray paint and marked on the frozen ground interesting locations for further excavation when weather permitted.

The things we do to satisfy that itch.

I have had my deus out in as low as 19 deg. f. with no issues. I have hunted numerous times in the low to mid 20s. It is 25 here now and I am heading out.

Congrats on getting an awesome detector. Use this time to really get to understand it by reading Andy's book and watching those xp instructional videos by Gary on YouTube.

welll...what were those signals....

Since you ask, these were a portion of some of the first things I dug when I got my deus, when the ground finally thawed.

Attachments

• IMAG0132.jpg
    IMAG0132.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 364
  • IMAG0124.jpg
    IMAG0124.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 381
  • IMAG0106.jpg
    IMAG0106.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 346
I would suggest that when you bring the ice cold machine in the house, put all the components in a trash bag. That'll let it come up to house temp without allowing the very warm and MOIST air to condense on and in, your equipment. It's a standard procedure for outdoor photography equipment and optics. Better to be on the safe side.

Ive watchedc every video twice now, as well as most of the others. That's the upside of deciding you want to buy it in october, but having to wait until March to get it. :)

Since you ask, these were a portion of some of the first things I dug when I got my deus, when the ground finally thawed.

thats awesome. Looks like it might get above 30 tomorrow, so I am hoping to get out in the afternoon for a little while.

I would suggest that when you bring the ice cold machine in the house, put all the components in a trash bag. That'll let it come up to house temp without allowing the very warm and MOIST air to condense on and in, your equipment. It's a standard procedure for outdoor photography equipment and optics. Better to be on the safe side.

Seems plastic bag would hold moisture,(if any).. I just laid remote backside up so vents were facing up, coil cover off, open rubber caps for charging allowing air circulation. All as precautionary.

Never noticed any condensation like one would on glasses or camera lens.

Great finds 5 mile

Yeah I'm not sure about the plastic bag thing. I would almost put it in rice if I were to do anything.

Seems plastic bag would hold moisture,(if any).. I just laid remote backside up so vents were facing up, coil cover off, open rubber caps for charging allowing air circulation. All as precautionary.

Never noticed any condensation like one would on glasses or camera lens.

Cold air is dry. Put machine in the bag, close it, and bring it in the house. The moist air can't get in. Unit comes up to room temp with no condensation. Called "Dew Point", like I said, I tend to err on the safest side.

Back
Top Bottom