I found this year's ago in a Confederate camp here in Carlisle & had no idea what it was til today

Digger70pa

Forum Supporter
I was talking about fleams today with guys at work. My grand pap had one & I would mess with it when I was a kid. The guys at work didn't know what I was talking about so I googled it for them. The type I was talking about was in the results but I noticed another type that looked really familiar. I said I dug one of those years ago in a Confederate camp in my hometown of Carlisle. I had no idea what it was til today. Glad I didn't throw it out. I had it in with the other relics from that spot. I thought it looked too modern. I guessed wrong. Thanks for looking & HH Tim

Attachments

• 14868626158910.jpg
    14868626158910.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 602
  • 14868626626741.jpg
    14868626626741.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 607
  • 14868627232942.jpg
    14868627232942.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 580
Cool , admit. I had to look up fleam though !! Congrats , HH.
The one in the pic looks like a brass case .

Very cool find!! Cumberland Gap visitor center use to have different bleeders on display next to civil war embalming kit,, I wonder how old yours is? Congrats on yet another cool find!!!

Almost threw out a brass tent rope adjuster once that I didn't know what it was until I saw one in a Youtube video!

Found it at the foot of Missionary Ridge in Chattanooga!

Almost threw out a brass tent rope adjuster once that I didn't know what it was until I saw one in a Youtube video!

Found it at the foot of Missionary Ridge in Chattanooga!
Cool never throw anything out if it looks old. I've picked pieces of pack hooks out of the bed of my truck before. Lol

Cool, need a DNA Light, on second thought you may not want to see that. LOL

Congrats cool find!

This is from a spot that spond my metal detecting obsession guys. This is from a reb camp in my home town lol. Something that we were taught in school. Someday I'll donate it to the Cumberland county historical society. These are from this camp. Most definitely Reb.

Attachments

• 14870313747560.jpg
    14870313747560.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 278
This is from a spot that spond my metal detecting obsession guys. This is from a reb camp in my home town lol. Something that we were taught in school. Someday I'll donate it to the Cumberland county historical society. These are from this camp. Most definitely Reb.

That is a very impressive display.
If you don't mind my making a suggestion, you should not donate it but rather consider loaning it.
This way you are still the owner.
I would strongly recommend you loan it now, for a limited time (say 12 months) for three reasons:
1 You can be sure that others will have a chance to enjoy it.
2 You can receive some of the praise you deserve for unearthing such incredible finds.
3 You might be able to parlay this into other permissions:D

I'm talking before I die lol. After that I don't care. I don't want every swinging dick pound away at my camp lol.

MatMit and I are on our way to help you dig up more donations. :D

That is a very impressive display.
If you don't mind my making a suggestion, you should not donate it but rather consider loaning it.
This way you are still the owner.
I would strongly recommend you loan it now, for a limited time (say 12 months) for three reasons:
1 You can be sure that others will have a chance to enjoy it.
2 You can receive some of the praise you deserve for unearthing such incredible finds.
3 You might be able to parlay this into other permissions:D

Back
Top Bottom