Broke my Cuff

Mama2Twins

Forum Supporter
My day just got worse! I broke my arm cuff on the Pro! Being the klutz that I am, I tripped over it. Didn't notice it was broken until about 15min after I started swinging again. One side that is attached to the velcro snapped in half so it is hanging by the strap to the other side.
12%208:28:33%20PM

The same thing happened to my ATPro. I called Garrett and they just sent me a new one and I didn't have to send in the broken one. Had it in about 3 days.

Jamflicker- thanks I will call them! :)

LighteningJack- JB weld was the first thing that came to my mind when i realized it was broken.. To funny!!

Irons- Thanks for posting the thread, I'll check it out.

I appreciate the help. I was so bummed, I didn't even want to think about it. Took the Pro inside and hung it up. Goodnight Irene!

if your out of warentee id say to get yourself a piece of plastic drain the same size and cut it in half then drill holes in it and put it on the same place...actually can be good to extend the arm cup then if you need the velcro (i never use the velcro i just put my arm on the cup and swing).

You can spray the drain cover black to fit if you wish and some counter sunk screws from the inside to hold the velcro if you do use it.

I know a bit hokey but if it extends using an at pro then its all good.

I know they need to make detectors light but when i look at the at pro it does make me think 'brittle' although ive given mine some hammer already and its held up...sometimes io think when i stand (being disabled its a task) that i could fall onto it, but other then placing it further away thers no way to avoid it should it happen and 280 lbs of detectorist is not going to be survivable for even the at pro

Ya that stuff works miracles... Don't feel bad I've broke the cuff on my minelab explorer (in the picture) and even broke the metal one on my old whites XLT.. They just weakened & finally gave out after years of use..

if your out of warentee id say to get yourself a piece of plastic drain the same size and cut it in half then drill holes in it and put it on the same place...actually can be good to extend the arm cup then if you need the velcro (i never use the velcro i just put my arm on the cup and swing).

You can spray the drain cover black to fit if you wish and some counter sunk screws from the inside to hold the velcro if you do use it.

I know a bit hokey but if it extends using an at pro then its all good.

I know they need to make detectors light but when i look at the at pro it does make me think 'brittle' although ive given mine some hammer already and its held up...sometimes io think when i stand (being disabled its a task) that i could fall onto it, but other then placing it further away thers no way to avoid it should it happen and 280 lbs of detectorist is not going to be survivable for even the at pro

That's a great idea. I'd consider doing that. I don't care as long as it works. :cool:
Not to add any more fuel to the fire but geez, I'm a buck-05 and the thing broke? :blush2:

That looks a lot better then my job.. :lol:

I used JB water weld putty on mine... Took about 5 minutes & was still working a year after I put it back together, I finally broke down & bought a new cuff..

cuff.jpg
cuff2-1.jpg

Nice photos, that's rough. Loving the repair job!!

So, now you've gone from breaking hearts to breaking metal detector cuffs.. What ARE we going to do with you M2T? :laughing:

You know I thought you'd chime in!!! :laughing:
When I was posting the thread I was about to say how the pro is jut not made as well as the Tesoros! The Umax is still in pristine shape since 09! I've had the Pro for 6 or 7 mos and it snaps! :laughing:

How about I get you a "clapper find my key chain" and you get me correction lenses! :laughing:

Epoxy

Well, no JB Water Weld in the tool chest just JB Weld? I fastened it with some marine epoxy a few minutes ago, but not too confident. I did this right before I emailed Garrett, LOL! If it doesn't work, I'll sand it down and use the regular JB Weld. If that doesnt work, duct tape will make it work! :lol:

Your not alone, I broke my AtPro armcuff today.This is the second time this year as last time Garrett sent me a free one in the mail.In both cases it was
my fault, user error.....

Your not alone, I broke my AtPro armcuff today.This is the second time this year as last time Garrett sent me a free one in the mail.In both cases it was
my fault, user error.....

Oh no. Are you going to contact them? I sent them an email today since their call center is closed. I'll know I would forget to call Mon.

I broke my ATPro cuff yesterday on my 3rd swing!!!!!:mad:

I called Garretts and one is on it's way to replace it......but in the meantime...what a pain in the but!!!

I had to go super slow on any type of a swing! You'd think I had an etrac serching for nails...!!!!

I did find some stuff....but it was too slow for me...I like to work a little faster.

I thought about duct tape or even making a new cuff.

But my original thought was to see what everyone else here did.

I am surprised at the number of broken cuffs!!!!

THANKS for the ideas!!!!

I broke my ATPro cuff yesterday on my 3rd swing!!!!!:mad:

I called Garretts and one is on it's way to replace it......but in the meantime...what a pain in the but!!!

I had to go super slow on any type of a swing! You'd think I had an etrac serching for nails...!!!!

I did find some stuff....but it was too slow for me...I like to work a little faster.

I thought about duct tape or even making a new cuff.

But my original thought was to see what everyone else here did.

I am surprised at the number of broken cuffs!!!!

THANKS for the ideas!!!!

Use some epoxy, worked for me. Also, Garrett got that cuff to me by Wed. Very impressive! Fix the broken one and keep it as a backup, HH

I'm suprised I didn't break another one today getting pounded by waves in Lake Michigan.
I tend to use my scoop and my MD to keep my balance at times.

I'm suprised I didn't break another one today getting pounded by waves in Lake Michigan.
I tend to use my scoop and my MD to keep my balance at times.

Good thing! Keep some duct tape on you:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom