Arm Cuff Padding

ksdiver

Has anyone ever replaced the padding on thier detectors arm cuff? The thin padding on my XLT is very worn and I would like to replace it.
If yes, let me know what you used for replacement.

Thanks in advance!

I've used Whites for years and when the rubber wears out I pick up the phone and ask for a replacement. It turns up a day or two later and they have never charged so far.
( This is Whites U.K. ....be interesting to see if the parent company do the same )

Try what Brian suggested or let me know. There is also the Sunray brand of fuzzy cuffs. Look for them on my site. :yes:

I've used closed cell foam (old mouse pads are easy to come by free, another source is in the household section at Home Depot, Lowes, etc ) and used automotive adhesive. Wears very well and the adhesive holds it in place, but not too tuff to replace.

Go to your local sporting goods store and pick up some self adhesive fleece material. It is found in the archery section, it is usually used on the riser of a bow to deaden the sound when the arrow it hits the riser.

DirtDigger

Try bubble wrap. I put it on my wife's for extra padding and she loves. Dirt Cheap too!

Many of the local White's dealers will sell the pads in their stores. At least the one in Tulsa does.

Try an old lambs wool cloth like you use to wash a car with, thick an comfortable.

Then there is this tip, call Whites and in most cases you might get them free. I just bought a used IDX and they are sending me a set of cuff pads and a boot for the toogle switch. Rob

You can go to any crafts store and get 8" x 10" "stick on" felt sheets. For a package of (3), I only paid $2.50. :D
Although, I do like the mouse pad idea. :!:

Tom

Back
Top Bottom