Cracked coil

Johnnyl1

Like a knucklehead I continue to use my ace 250 with no coil cover.. anyways, I chipped 1/2" piece of the glossy coil finish on the bottom of the coil... i was so pissed... went home and coated the area with 2 part epoxy, will probably give it another coat for good luck and then I may coat the whole coil with something to protect it 9like that rubberizer)...

Its on the rear bottom edge of the coil... is epoxy the best thing to use?

Johnny epoxy is about the best thing you could use. One thing to make it better would be to mix powdered graphite with the epoxy. Once it has set up, it makes the surface slick. I use this mixture on the bow, and stern portions of my wood kayak to protect it when I beach the boat. Should last you a VERY long time. :yes:

John... one of the guys I detect with had a 250 and he did the same thing and I fixed the chunk he took out of the coil and then coated the entire bottom and seems with epoxy like VBMax did to his coil in the water section.

Don't know if you still get innertubes for car tyres in the States, they are being phased out in the U.K. as dangerous. Anyway cut a giant rubber band from one and it will protect the coil edge and help to hold the coil cover on.

hi..years ago had coil problems with coil...took to work they put in oven over night @ 130 degrees...got any moisture out.....then but epoxy all over....not pretty but worked great...hope this helps..George

Back
Top Bottom