New digger

hoser

Forum Supporter
As some of you know, I made a digger last year, and altough it works real good, it was just a tad heavy and kinda clumsy. Sooooo, I had another piece of stainless left, enough to make a new digging knife. A little smaller, and a whole lot more user friendly. Same material, 1/8" stainless, and the handle is walnut. No weldments over the whole length. Blade length is about eight inches, and I was able to put some cup to the blade for extra strength. This is some tough stuff to work with. Very hard and tough so hopefully it will hold up to some aggressive use. besides, I had a couple of boring night shifts to do it in. ;)

Attachments

• Digger 003a.jpg
    Digger 003a.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 874
Nice piece of workmanship Hoser, though I would personally prefer
something a little more pointy at the tip end.

How wide did you leave the blade, it looks a little wider than mine. Very nice work. Rob

Thanks for the kind words. I just like making "stuff" ;)
Rudy, the ground here is soft, so I don't really need too much of a point.
Rob, the blade is just about 2 1/4" wide. Didn't want to go much more than that as it would put more strain on it if I have to do any prying with it.

Excellent  workmanship  hoser  :wow:!!!

If you have the extra time, you could start a side line business making custom diggers ! Of course, this
would take away from MD'ing (Bad suggestion I guess  :roll:   :lol:).

It's a masterpiece!! Looks like something a ninja would use for something, not sure what but i'm sure a ninja would find it useful...lol

HH as always,

Bri-

It looks very nice Hoser. If you decide to make a pointy tip one, I'll test it out for you here in the Oklahoma concrete. ;)

Nice workmanship there Hoser. Good looking tool. I would agree with the others for a pointed tip.

Back
Top Bottom