When is copper more valuable than gold?

matmit

Elite Member
Forum Supporter
When it was beaten into a spear point by a Native American 4000 years ago!

There really are no words to describe my total and utter amazement at finding this in a street tearout:shock:

It was approximately 6" beneath a driveway approach in the center of a large city. I found it with my AT PRO 5x8 coil (I love this setup)

"Dig it all because you never know what you are going to find ladies and gentlemen"

https://copperculture.homestead.com/

Attachments

• 5-16-18 copper point 4.jpg
    5-16-18 copper point 4.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 683
  • 5-16-18 copper point 2.jpg
    5-16-18 copper point 2.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 630
  • 5-16-18 copper point 3.jpg
    5-16-18 copper point 3.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 675
  • 5-16-18 Copper Point.jpg
    5-16-18 Copper Point.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 694
Last edited:
SICK!!

Bestist most awesomest thing I've ever seen you find!

The biggest of congrats man!!

Beats any gold in my book...

<°)))>{

Thanks Scratcher!
This is turning out to be my best year ever for relics: Civil War buckle, French fur trader ring, now this:D

Yeah, just WOW, a Copper Culture artifact is the biggest, and amongst the last couple things on my bucket list.. I'd trade any gold I've ever found to find something like that.. Send that story/picture to Garrett, you'll get find of the month, I'd say for sure..

<°)))>{

sweet find. one of the oldest indian sites in Wisconsin is 5 minutes from my home. check out their website. henschels indian museum. you will have to google it. I suck at computers. my dad grew up a couple farms away. arrow heads are common finds there.

Yeah, just WOW, a Copper Culture artifact is the biggest, and amongst the last couple things on my bucket list.. I'd trade any gold I've ever found to find something like that.. Send that story/picture to Garrett, you'll get find of the month, I'd say for sure..

<°)))>{

First I want to say that is an awesome find. A treasure for any collection.

Ice, where I took you to in lake St Clair, we find copper culture fish hooks. I have snagged three of them so far. In digging for a coin I also found this arrowhead in the same spot. Stuff is out there.

Ice, where I took you to in lake St Clair, we find copper culture fish hooks. I have snagged three of them so far. In digging for a coin I also found this arrowhead in the same spot. Stuff is out there.

I've gotten a couple points and trade silver from the water, but no copper yet...

Those hooks are cool..

<°)))>{

Attachments

• IMG_20170408_215058.jpg
    IMG_20170408_215058.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 601
Wow , that is a great find ! Congrats .
Thanks, still on cloud nine here
Man that’s nuts! What’s the odds you find a copper arrow head and a spear point??? You need to play the lotto man. Heck of a find congrats!
Yeah, this one is much larger than the one I found in 2013.
Very nice find there...congrats!
Thanks

<°)))>{
Thanks Ice, I will. Literally the only thing on my bucket list is a gold coin. I might have to go to England for one of those...
Amazing buddy great job!!
Thanks Mike! Still cannot believe it

sweet find. one of the oldest indian sites in Wisconsin is 5 minutes from my home. check out their website. henschels indian museum. you will have to google it. I suck at computers. my dad grew up a couple farms away. arrow heads are common finds there.
Thanks Schmitz, I will look into it. I love reading about Native Amercian finds
THats amazing! Awesome find!
Thanks Tom

Thanks Scuba! There is a lake near Madison which had a lot of Indian activity and they found a lot of hooks and such there.
I've gotten a couple points and trade silver from the water, but no copper yet...

Those hooks are cool..

<°)))>{
If you can believe this, I now have two copper spear points and a copper awl, but I have never found a stone arrowhead. they seem to elude me, because I do spend some time looking in farm fields...
That’s just amazing, from a tear out too! Holy cow!!! Congrats!!!
Yeah, it blew my mind:shock:
KILLER find man, that is a beauty in wonderful condition, i logged in just to comment on this...
Thanks Zee, this has been an incredible year so far for relics for me
Jeepers Mat...way to go, thats an awesome find!!
Thanks 5 Mile

Congrats on an amazing piece of history!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's an outstanding find! You just never know what will pop out the ground even at more modern sites. You're right about digging it all.

beephead

Back
Top Bottom