HECK of a good day

TundraPlugger

Elite Member
I did my usual thing detecting the little towns along the way home. Only had a couple hours to dig so I did a high tone hunt.
Long story short I came away with 4 more silvers, 6 more wheats, a very nice Indianhead, a gold plated cufflink and my favorite of all..... an unlisted token! The town I found it in is about 40 miles south of the town on the Token. I thought it would be cool to find a token from the town I was detecting in but the one I got was even better. I also found a nice, old lipstick that didn't make the pictures.
daeb7b196eb1f814a4c99db80bb2647f.jpg
c18c2e08a833b9ef02a41bf9406431f1.jpg
0b7a8f8ed4a60bcd20f796f9feecee58.jpg
9638f75fe921e85913d380fdcbdaf8ad.jpg
db2d6433f27f7f0c8a0d440932d8a1fe.jpg
e1c8885f1a5d31d47a2f925778a854e4.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Thanks beep! I found probably 75 cents in clad too but it wasn't picture worthy. I was pretty surprised how much older stuff I got in that 2 hours.
That is a good day! That Indian Head penny is in great shape. Big Congrats!

beephead

Awesome Indian - fantastic detail! The old Wheats are great too - you have some very kind soil out your way. And silver is always a pretty sight...but that token steals the show! Love seeing those...and unlisted - even sweeter!

Congrats on the finds! That IH is very nice. I love hitting those small town along the way too, as they provide some great hunting opportunities.

Awesome Indian - fantastic detail! The old Wheats are great too - you have some very kind soil out your way. And silver is always a pretty sight...but that token steals the show! Love seeing those...and unlisted - even sweeter!
Thanks Airmet! The soil up here is most often black. That's probably why the older coins don't come out crusty. I like the ground up here...... except when it's frozen for half the year [emoji52]
And I will definitely agree with you, that token stole the show! Although that Injun was close on its heels.

Wow, did you see those fantastic looking schooner coins? Thems be the biggest prize of the lot, say wot? ;)

Nice find!
Thanks man! Out of all the silver I've dug this year half have been Hoser dimes! It's kind of odd but I'll definitely take it. I love that old Canadian silver..... don't see much of it though.

Congrats on the finds! That IH is very nice. I love hitting those small town along the way too, as they provide some great hunting opportunities.
Thanks Tommy! I like going to those little towns for the good hunting but also for the peacefulness. They're very quiet. I used to play t-ball and legion baseball in these towns as well when I was younger and enjoy the memories.

Awesome finds all around, and the previously unlisted token is a killer find, wtg!
Thanks zee! I couldn't figure out what it was when I dug it but got real excited when I cleaned it off a bit. Those old tokens are kind of weird in that they almost always ring up like an Injun but a little lower tone on the Etrac. They are pretty similar to old bottle caps.

Congrats on the very cool finds! That old injun is in amazing shape and tokens are always fun to find.:)
Thanks Wave! I found the Injun before the Token and would have been plenty happy with just finding it..... the Token was a huge bonus! There aren't many towns in ND that were founded before 1900 so finding any coin from the 1800's is quite difficult. The town I was in was founded in 1906 I believe.

Back
Top Bottom