Nickel Grand Slam with the Nox 800!

Rattlehead

Forum Supporter
Last weekend I went back to the old Mill in Laurens SC. Most of the place was overgrown with grass & weeds so it was tough hunting, but I wanted to see if the Equinox could pick out anything that we missed on previous hunts. Apparently the 3030s don't miss much silver but I did manage to get my first ever nickel grand slam. I can't make out the dates on the buffalos but the Shield is an 1876 and the V is a 1912. Wish I could've got on some silver but still a fun hunt!

BTW, all of the deeper nickels were reading 11, so Nox users might want to open up that nickel window to accept 11,12 and 13 if you haven't already done so. :cheers:

Attachments

• 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 520
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 524
Reworking old digs and you found a lot of success Dewayne. the new ride does have some advantages. Congrats on the Nickle Grand Slam. It does not happen very often. Trapper

Wow! Don’t see many nickel quads posted. Nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice job with the nickel slam !!!!

Yeah sometimes you just have to go back and hit the old spots and that's whats gonna be left the low tones and iffy signals.....
I had my fun the last few years snatching up all the nice sweet high tones with the CTX...Now I return to those spots and have to settle for some nickels and maybe some deep pennies......
I did the same today....snagged a bus token and surprisingly a decent V nickel....she might even cough up a date tomorrow......

We heard that NOX is a nickel Killer! Well, there you go! Cant remember the last Nickel Grand Slam posted? Its not a common thing to accomplish at all..less common than finding a Silver Dollar even, maybe less than a Gold Coin as well?....

Should be a Nickel Grand Slam Club!...Like only about 3 qualifiers though, and now you are one of them!! Hey, Congratulations Rattlehead!!

Back
Top Bottom