stranger danger

Diggerjonny

Elite Member
on Thursday I hunted the park close to my home. found a couple Indian heads. on my way back to my truck I seen a guy walking at me really fast. I put my machine between him and I. he went on about how the solar eclipse messed with his head and how whatever he would touch he could gain its knowledge. he keep circling me trying to get at my side, I keep my machine between us to keep him away,then he tries to lure me down to the river bank,then he tries to take my metal detector. I had enough,once he saw my knife blade he backed off. keep your head on a swivel and be safe.:grin:

on Thursday I hunted the park close to my home. found a couple Indian heads. on my way back to my truck I seen a guy walking at me really fast. I put my machine between him and I. he went on about how the solar eclipse messed with his head and how whatever he would touch he could gain its knowledge. he keep circling me trying to get at my side, I keep my machine between us to keep him away,then he tries to lure me down to the river bank,then he tries to take my metal detector. I had enough,once he saw my knife blade he backed off. keep your head on a swivel and be safe.:grin:

WTH..

No Kidding Stranger Danger.. Should of taken him up on the River walk and tossed his crazy ass in..

I would have taken a pic of him with my cell phone and reported him so he don't keep trying that with others.

Also, maybe if you tried acting crazier than him he would have gotten away from you :shock:

Picture

I would have taken a pic of him with my cell phone and reported him so he don't keep trying that with others.

Also, maybe if you tried acting crazier than him he would have gotten away from you :shock:

My phone was in my shirt pocket, i hit video record. I got about 3 minutes of him talking about cornflakes, solar flares, warning me not to travel to NewYork city, he said if i go i will set off some kind of event horizan fire and brimstone.

Not good, not good at all. I like having those saw teeth on the side of my digger. The sight of those will inflict fear for sure, hopefully without having to use it. That or a 38 special strapped to your waist will do as well.

Digger

Not good, not good at all. I like having those saw teeth on the side of my digger. The sight of those will inflict fear for sure, hopefully without having to use it. That or a 38 special strapped to your waist will do as well.

When he saw the blade on my digger , he backed down.

Attachments

• 51F0B69D-CE0C-459F-A2BD-4B7C06A79924.jpg
    51F0B69D-CE0C-459F-A2BD-4B7C06A79924.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 294
,.......and you guys almost had me talked into wearing headphones :dontthinkso:

So I assume you have no plans to go to New York City? :laughing:

When wear my headphones i keep one ear uncovered, i never keep my head down. My city has junkies/ state hospital that on ocassian people get released.

No plans to go , unless you know of any good detecting permissions:laughing:

I really wish those types would wear a sign or something. I suspect alot of those types are just people with mental disablities and are not threat to you or your belongings, more a nuisance than anything else. Than you do have the others who could intend you harm at which you need to defend yourself at all costs. I would just hate to pull a knife or a gun on some one who really doesn't have a clue to whats going on around them or be too late if that someone knows exactly what they are doing. Stuck in the old catch 22 right there.

Theres some really insane people out wandering around besides us...For some Cosmic Reason, the Insane are drawn straight to me like a junkyard electromagnet! Unbelievable, I'm invisible to most everyday people, but to the insane, I'm painted blaze orange! So I have some practice...

Its hard to keep up or match the conversation....I generally join right in like this:

"7's the key number! You know, like 7 eleven, 7 dwarves? 7's the key Number Man! 7 little chipmunks twirling on a branch, eating lots of sunflowers on my Uncles ranch! You know Man? Not 6! 7's the key to it all!! Its like you are dreaming about Gorgonzola cheese when its clearly brie time baby! step into my office!...Your fussin Fired!"

By then, I have generally made it to a geographical advantage where I can either flee or fight, or continue on and enjoy the interesting conversation in a safer manner...Will say, ramblings of the Insane in Society are at least entertaining and some even thought provoking....Thats what people have told me anyway...:laughing:

Last weeks crazy guy wanted to know what I did with my Civil War finds. He was rather upset that I kept them. He works for the Confederacy and thought that I should return them. It was an interesting conversation, he seemed very knowledgeable about Missouri's changing role in the war. I wanted to find out more about his work for the Confederacy but when he found out I was a Yankee from Indiana he walked away in disgust.

Even those with mental disabilities that cant help it can do you harm.. Evil comes in all forms,..homeless....mentally ill,..a jogger,..some well dressed slick wearing a tie,...an attractive female used for distraction or decoy,..A man just don't know. Now lucky for us even evil almost always,.. always,.. has a strong sense of self preservation. Whatever your choice of tool may be to remind them of that sense of self preservation, :police: :rifle: :viking2::boxing: :gunbandanna: :pirate::viking: ....well that's up to you. But all the parks I've ever been in (riding bikes mostly) raises my awareness up about 3 good notches at least.

Sounds like a typical West Virginian to me

I'll tell you...The People engaged in this Sport long term develop a heightened sense of Situational Awareness...Maybe they already had it an thats part of the allure, anyway...theres no doubt Detectorists are by FAR the most Situationally aware outdoor wanderers...

Back
Top Bottom