Question about Coins back to Bank

Eugene10

Elite Member
Hi Guys! How do you prepare coins before bringing them back to bank? Do you roll them back to the rolls or just bring a pile? Thank you :)

I use a free coin counter, the tellers don't know I'm dumping dirty-looking (tumbled) coin. Some banks take rolled coin. A dirty pile though, not too sure.

Hey Eugene, I run all my nickles, dimes and quarters in my Harbor freight tumbler for several hrs and then roll them. Then cash at the bank. It's only courteous. The pennies I also tumble but don't roll them. Too much work. The pennies go to Coinstar, and that money I buy batteries with. The rejects I leave in the reject cup for the kids to find. They get a thrill from that. The bank gives me free roll papers when I turn in my coins. Very nice of them I think!

I tumble mine, then cash them in at the free counter in the lobby of my credit union.

Ok, guys and gal, thank you all for answers! So how do you roll them up? Where do you get special rolling paper?

Clad Coins

I tumble my nickels, dimes, and quarters for around 3 days, until all the crud is gone and they look like they have never been in the ground. I tumble them in my harbor freight duel drum tumbler along with water, and comet cleanser, and aquarium gravel. I keep one tumbler for clad, and one for copper pennies.
You can't mix copper with the clad, it will cause the clad to turn a rust color.
For my pennies, I only tumble the copper pennies 1982 and before, for about 90 minutes (hour and a half), and then roll them, along with the nickels, dimes, and quarters. I get my rolling paper from my bank. Actually, I don't roll the copper pennies, I collect them (I how have about 200 lbs) to sell for copper if this country ever quits minting pennies.
Today I dug exactly 100 memorial pennies, and 10 wheat. The wheat I save too. Oh yeah, I have a toy plastic brinks truck, with four plastic cups that when full to the line with coins, it's a full roll of coins, and easily dumps into the paper rolls and I just crimp the ends. I found the brinks truck and ordered it on line. I forgot the web site, you'll have to look around.
HH everyone

Back
Top Bottom