I think I found a Steelie...

beam

This was a quick hunt from a week ago. Found what I think to be a steel wheat cent.

What do you think?

Two coins fused together. One is a 1930s or 1920s wheat cent. The other is a rusty disc the exact same size as the cent.
picture.php

yanno...not everyone has high speed connections to view videos . some pics on a post would be nice also

I don't know who yanno is, but he needs to upgrade his connection and subscribe to my channel.

I've found several. About the only way to tell is that I usually find them in the same hole with wheat cents of that period. I'd say you found one.

Agreed think you got a steelie, I have gotten 2 now and both were the same way as you found with other Wheats.

IMO...

The only way for a steelie to be a dug "true authentic steelie" is it must be part of a spill with other period coins...

You have the real McCoy there, a true authentic steelie is rarer then a silver half from what I've seen... Congrats!!

I found mine as part of a stack too....

The top three were found stacked together..

21_zps61bae713.jpg

24_zps0c6fb897.jpg

<*)))>{

no sweat here...i have high speed web. but sometimes people dont want to spend 2 minutes looking at a rusty disc that might be a penny. yanno?

Well when you put it that way...:grin:

I liked the video. Pretty cool you found a steelie! Wow! Nice find man!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

I have found them both ways.
3 I found on one hunt were very crusty but after some tumbling they came out much better and recognizable.
One very rusty disc I found recently looks like yours so I suspect it is also a steel cent but I won't know till I can somehow get it cleaned up a bit more.

Attachments

• steely.jpg
    steely.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 142
Back
Top Bottom