End of season finds, nearly. (England)

Doug

Elite Member
Not quite end of season, most of the fields I search are now seeded with various crops, it will be mid July before the first ones are harvested.

I have access to a few pasture fields and silage fields but the ground is already getting rock hard with lack of rain but no doubt I will go out for the odd day to see what I can find.

These finds are from various farms over the last few weeks.

Thanks for looking...........Doug.

Church field.
kD3UCzK.jpg

George 4th Half-crown.
RKqLJHa.jpg

Henry 6th Groat.
aWORwlq.jpg

Broken ring.
c0q1DFx.jpg

Various finds.
fXOIJIV.jpg

Musket ball waste. (lead sprue)
VqDt48e.jpg

Various coins.
Fp2dTAt.jpg

Henry 6th Groat Pierced cross mint mark Calais (Franch) 1422-27
JQE9knw.jpg

George 4th Half-crown 1823
X1sVRan.jpg

Axminster Volunteers button 1794-1803.

"This company was raised in 1794 and commanded by a Captain William Tucker. It was still in existence in 1801.
By 1803 had been incorporated into the North Devon Regiment of Militia."

B3Vetsc.jpg

Silver cuff-link.
UIufIEk.jpg

Anglo-Saxon strap end 'Trewhiddle style' AD 850-900.
HQX3vXl.jpg

amazing finds - at least to me. The history you guys can get into over there is awesome.

Keep it up

amazing finds - at least to me. The history you guys can get into over there is awesome.

Keep it up

Thank you.

Beautiful bunch of stuff as always Doug!
That Half Crown is huge:shock:

Thank you. Just shows a location is never hunted out in the amount of times I have been over the field.

Thanks for always sharing with us Doug!!

Your welcome Ron.

Nice variety of finds Doug!

Thank you.

More information on the military button.

Trewman's Exeter Flying Post Thursday, April 9, 1801.

"WE, the Officers, Non-Commissioned Officers, and Privates of the AXMINSTER COMPANY of VOLUNTEER INFANTRY, hasten to join our Brother Soldiers, the Honiton Volunteers, in renewing, as they have done, our Pledges of Service, and in the most solemn Manner to avow it to be our Determination, collectively and individually, to march whenever called upon, to suppress any riotous or unlawful Assemby, collected for any Purpose whatever; and publicly to declare our unalterable Resolution to maintain the Laws of our Country.

William Tucker, Captain Commandant……."

Keep it up

Same appreciation for the finds that they encounter across the pond.. Wish that I could spend some time searching for "history".. My family's woodlot had been in used since the 1700's and when the snow melts in the woods, my dad and I will be going out looking for left over metal tools and such.. we've found some accidentally but dad knows where to go looking for the old water powered saw mill that was in use in the 1800's.. Not OLD compared to European standards.. but for us.. old..

Back
Top Bottom