While waiting for the Nox.

Theo112

I’ve pulled the trigger on a Nox 600 and can’t wait for it to show up this week. I’ve been watching so many videos on that thing. I had to get out and dig a little.
60deeb033a86a66b80fc77a6bc5836b2.jpg
970af9180438e3c3093ed77f3ad85354.jpg
1c0713642097f6a4afa7e17de5f2b8a4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s junk. It’s really thin almost tin like... It did get my heart going though when I saw it in the plug.

Nice finds! Hope you enjoy the Nox 600, had mine out for the first time today and was totally lost with the settings.. darn thing doesn't make toast.. but it's a charm to swing around.. ;)

Cheers

Nice finds! Hope you enjoy the Nox 600, had mine out for the first time today and was totally lost with the settings.. darn thing doesn't make toast.. but it's a charm to swing around.. ;)

Cheers

I printed up the Instruction Manual today and have been reading through it. I was fairy confident with my 3030 before I got rid of it. I imagine the language between those two detectors is similar. I can’t wait to get out with it . I really had my heart set in a an 800, but didn’t want to lose the summer waiting for one to become in stock. Lol!

What settings did you use? I leaning towards Park 2 and just going with it.

I printed up the Instruction Manual today and have been reading through it. I was fairy confident with my 3030 before I got rid of it. I imagine the language between those two detectors is similar. I can’t wait to get out with it . I really had my heart set in a an 800, but didn’t want to lose the summer waiting for one to become in stock. Lol!

What settings did you use? I leaning towards Park 2 and just going with it.

Well that's the issue I was having, mind you, this was a short test using basically default settings and then trying a few things out..

I went with Park 1 settings (multi) and as soon as the coil was hovering over the ground, it was pinging a lot.. must have been all the metal worn by the worms? But when I went to Park 2 it went silent.. I then switched to 5 10 and 15 Mhz frequencies and the 15 gave me better results.. When swinging to and fro at a smooth even pace, it would blip but not give numbers on the screen.. almost like I was going too fast with the sweep (wasn't).. only after I pressed the pin point button and zoomed in on target would it find something..

It could be a matter of weird soil layout as well, 3 inches of sod, crush stones and rocks under all that might be giving the unit a fit?

BUT, I did manage to pull out a dozen or so pennies and dimes in this tiny tot lot that I had swept over and over a few times with another unit.. so yeah.. very interesting.. I think it's just the different of a single freq and multi freq machine.. After RTFM again after the field test that I have a slightly better understanding as to what i was doing out there.. ;)

Still got a long way to do.. But it's the ping on target thing that has me confused.. raining again so will have to wait till it stops, I don't wanna melt out there..

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom