Have a computer issue -- need help!

Seems iffy but worth a shot?

Tried that didn't help! Still orange and it isn't booting. But I did get the cover off and applied the power cord and I do see a tiny green light on the motherboard! And the h/d light on the front is green. Only the power light is ORANGE!

Pennyfinder, if you decide to buy a new one, remember that the hard drive in the old one is probably still good. Maybe someone you know can take it out and install it in PC2. A lot of people have two or more hard drives in their computer. Also, the old hard drive can be installed into a case to be used as an external hard drive. You just plug it into a USB port and wait for it to 'show up' on the monitor. I use 2 of them that way. I keep my music on 1 and pictures on the other. Sure wish you were closer.

Yeah I could do that but what about the windows on it. I need it as it has SP3 the main tower (older unit) doesn't have SP3. Only SP2. And the XP on it I THINK is a pirated version and I'm told that if I let the Windows update do its thing microsoft will see that it isn't a genuine XP and will kill the XP then I'll have NO computer and no way to access the data!

I looked for SP3 standalone to download but the only one I found was for a tech to download to put on MULTIPLE computers. This was on Microsoft's pages.

Updated my other computer to SP3 and will continue to use it -- we'll see. I'll get someone to look at the other computer later.

UPDATE! Getting NEW TO ME Computer!!!!

My husband's cousins in Arizona (where I visited this summer) are sending me a new (to me) "flattop" computer with Windows 7 on it!!!!!!! I don't know what a flattop is unless it is a flat screen all in one or the cousin I talk to means a LAPTOP! He is 86 years old so he may have gotten the "kind" wrong -- he's forever calling things by the wrong name. Shoot he's lucky to know how to TURN A COMPUTER ON! :lol: It should be here in a week or so. It was used at an office in a local golf course and they no longer needed it and so it was given to his brother and the one I talk to on Skype said it was being gone through by his nephew who has a computer business and is updating it and putting Window 7 in it (must have had XP I guess) :?: Whatever FREE IS GREAT! I'll take it! :woohoo: I think he said it was Compaq.

Back
Top Bottom