Sister's In Law, This My Personal Probem?

If I move to Texas i'll drive up there and hand him my cell phone so he can talk to you. I'm not scared to hurt in laws feelings. Hell your brother may be married to a black widow:no:

Try calling during a time your brother will be awake like 11:00 am their time, If and when she answers, be nice, apologize for the late text. Request to talk to your bro.

Unfortunately you do have to respect the spouse, but not hearing from your brother or she refusing to give him the phone is worrisome. If she refuses, calmly tell her that if you don't hear from him than you will have to have a wellness check done. Only do this, if you and your brother are close and you truly believe he is in trouble, remembering that sometimes some police can be more of a problem than help.

As far as a tick disease, than he is most likely sleeping near 24 hours, very weak and in pain. He should be on heavy antibiotics to kill the critters in his blood, and probably taking something like teasel root to get the critters out of the tissue and organs and into the blood so the antibiotics will be able to work .

Thanks. It's settled itself out in some ways. My brother is on the improvement and sounds good on the phone. I have decided to keep some of this scenario personally which means I won't be communicating by texting the SIL's phone, or calling on the home phone, just call my brother's cell. I'm not gonna forget that "fu" I got. That's caused a permanent wedge. I will be pleasant though. The secondary downside here is that I'll not visit my brother much now due to this since I'm on a fixed income and won't go up there and pay hotel rack rates, which runs close to or over $100 a day. His home was my "hotel."

I remember she and my father crossed swords over thirty years ago. I never knew what it was all about, but the point is that she's been a common denominator with both of us. Dad never quite warmed up to her after that, rest his soul.

I think my other 2 siblings, both stacked up with kids and grandkids,,,fault me way more. I was preached at by both at least once each. They all have families, I don't, I live carefree so I think that fact could label me a black sheep, without the same "value" family power. My mother eluded to that issue in her last few years by making a passing statement about her will, "Even the Bad Son deserves his fair share."

My brother and I were always closer and played like brothers all along, detected some, but very little because the SIL law keeps a tight reign on my brother's time and efforts. Really bites since I only get up there a few times a year, and he knows how much I like spending personal time, especially metal detecting. My brother is a special person but in a way, a lot of this is his fault by not putting his foot down over the respect for his blood brother. I suppose he's trying to please everyone.

I'm not sure that my brother knows much about these under currents and I don't know if I'll ever bring it up. He's always been my safety net. Things are different, yet he's good to hear from on the phone. I'm gonna preserve that if I can.

I appreciate everyone's responses. martin

Sounds like you did the best you could do and glad your brother is doing better and you are communicating with him. I believe that is the 2 things you were after. There is a lot of things a person can do "if" things were different but things are what they are and you have to work around them. Good job.

Back
Top Bottom