Anxeity from spring baseball crowds at park. Off in the woods.

tinsmith

Elite Member
Spring baseball crowds parks. Anxiety too high. Went off far back into woods and thank God the town has undeveloped land next door. Trying to coin hunt along bogs and thick area in hopes of old coins several hundred yrd in woods. Maybe a hunter of old dropped a few pennies while having to use a swamp maple sapling as an outhouse?
At last I find a signal! High sound and steady high coin numbers! I dig for some time and the pro pointer finaly hits it. A couple more inches and at last. A rusty twist off top. After a while and many insect bites I found a nice little old, 1830 - 1850's brass flat button. Maybe the bear couldn't digest it?
I did find a few lead bullets too. Not very old, about the Hoffa era.

Last edited:
wait off the crowds until November then sweep in and clean the parks out. I do this each season and normally collect at least $20 in clad alone from EACH park..plus jewelry.........HH

Hey there. I feel the same way about crowds and will not detect when they are present. Simply choose a time when nobody is there. Early morning perhaps. I bought my AT-Pro specifically to hunt in the rain. The tot-lots in my town are packed on nice days but empty when it rains. I also make it VERY obvious I'm picking up surface trash as I detect which I believe changes anyones negetive perception of what I'm doing even tho I know I'm not doing anything wrong. JMO. GL and HH. Matt

Yep, those are good ideas. I just can't handle much going on around me. I'm not a people hater at all. I have a problem with anxiety and people tend to stare and talk amongst themselves when your in sight. I chose this hobby to get away out in the woods anyway. I see plenty of old homes here in New England but I can't imagine knocking on doors. Its just too bad I just got a new Xterra 705 and its the start of the people in the parks season. There have been a fair amount of bear sightings and Iv'e seen signs/tracks. Bears actually freak me out a bit, although I think they're beautiful , I am far more comfortable a mile back in the bush detecting than I am near 4 or 5 people. Ive wanderd off in the wild along a river up in Maine with my little BH detector. You know your getting far enough out when the only signals you hit turn out to be 30 cal bulletts. Fall is comming.
Thx guys...

Back
Top Bottom