I been quiet but I'm not gone!

JCbrello

Been a great start of the year, I havent been on the forums in a while but I been busy Racing and Detecting!
So Catching up, Best find so far this year is a 1850 Upper bank of Canada half penny. (minted in England) Not to rare but cool none the less.

I also did a seminar on MDing for the Historical committee of Berlin Ct.
We will reopen the Museum for the season at our Spring Open House, Saturday Apr. 5th, from 1-4 pm. We're proud to feature a special program with local expert Joe Chambrello, sharing his adventures in metal detecting for historic research. We're also proud to celebrate our 20th Anniversary with new exhibits, such as a 20th Anniversary Retrospective, an expanded toy exhibit, and a history of Boy Scouting in Berlin. Admission is free and refreshments will be served. We hope to see you there!-

And made the news paper again on yesterdays hunt!

Note: The Image in the link is wrong
http://journalinquirer.mycapture.com/mycapture/enlarge.asp?image=51639515&event=1800710&CategoryID=22698

I hope everyone is having the fun I'm having this year! ;) Happy hunting all!

Attachments

• P51400011.jpg
    P51400011.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 270
The Seminar was fun to do. And over 100 people showed up, I started with the code of ethics and importance of the research/documentation important finds, then I incorporated a little of Archaeological use of Metal Detector based on the collaboration between minelabs and archaeologists at Montpelier. At the end I had a question and answer that pushed the seminar to over an hour long and people even stayed around to take a first hand look at my finds and research notes after it was over!
Was a lot of fun and I even picked up a bunch of historical homesteads to hunt! Most are mid 1700's!
I cant express how important it is to have a direct relationship to the towns you hunt. Be professional and courteous and it will make us more appreciated! The historical committee in my town gave me a honorary membership and wants me to do a followup at the end of the year! Also my donated finds will be on display at the Berlin Ct historical museum.

Big rain is suppose to hit us tomorrow. If it does that will make 2 weeks in a row of rain outs for racing, but the positive is the car is race ready and that means more detecting time!

Back
Top Bottom