Does anyone else go detecting in the freezing cold? Lol

Guess who the only idiot on the freezing cold beach was. I thought I did pretty well. [emoji23]

https://youtu.be/ARFAk-fHGKA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are for sure not the only one. We have IceScratcher in Ohio and Irons in Michigan that I know of. Some other crazies on the west side of Michigan also.

We also have a few in Massachusetts and other states. You are not even close to the only one.

I just looked at part of your video. You are in Florida?? You haven't seen cold like the two folks I mentioned. They detect with ice all over their detectors.

I wait till the water is warmer. No need to freeze to find it. It will be there nest summer.

Looks like you have it fairly bad...

I was out sat in the water for 3 1/2 hours, 17F, wind chill -6, water temp 30, felt like spring in the drysuit. I do need to get some protection for my nose and cheeks...

Winter blues set in so I headed out.

Attachments

• 20180106_133941_1515264712006.jpg
    20180106_133941_1515264712006.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 422
  • 20180106_134328_1515264950717.jpg
    20180106_134328_1515264950717.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 426
I was out sat in the water for 3 1/2 hours, 17F, wind chill -6, water temp 30, felt like spring in the drysuit. I do need to get some protection for my nose and cheeks...

Winter blues set in so I headed out.

Joe

That is crazy
Only ice I want to see is in my Tea

I would do it if I lived there

Steve

Nice job, interesting hearing the Treasure Pro go to work. I didn't see any open holes in your video pans but it would be good for the newbies if you delayed your transitions 2 more seconds and included a sweep of your foot filling in the holes made. Just so those new to the sport know its something that should become a reflex. Good luck on the next hunt.

I hit it for 7 hours IN the water today. Comfortable low 50s water with changing winds 18 mph. I saw 3 swimmer go at least a mile or two on the outer sand bar in just swimming shorts...... crazier than me.

Dew

I still manage to hunt through the extreme cold. :roll:

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1453685144200.jpg
    FB_IMG_1453685144200.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 400
:lol: Gotta give you credit bro., that's some hard core hunting down Southern Md . , looks like Chesapeake beach howboutit :D

My first few videos are in SOMD. Then I retired and moved back to Jax.

Nice job, interesting hearing the Treasure Pro go to work. I didn't see any open holes in your video pans but it would be good for the newbies if you delayed your transitions 2 more seconds and included a sweep of your foot filling in the holes made. Just so those new to the sport know its something that should become a reflex. Good luck on the next hunt.

Yeah. I always fill in the holes. I’ll remember to wait a little longer to show me filling in the holes. Thanks for the feedback. [emoji4]

He was not even talking to you on your thread unfortunately. His comment was directed at OBN. He won't let anyone on his threads go off his subjects but is willing to to that to others. Just giving you a heads up.

Just watched a couple of your first video's, looks like St Mary's?

Back
Top Bottom