MX7 batteries

Diggin' It

What kind of batteries ya'll use? I used to buy nothing but Duracell rechargeable, then in the last year I couldn't find any. I just bought some Rayovac with a charger, but they don't seem to hold a charge. I charged them, put them in, they showed full charge as I hunted for about an hour, then the next day only see two dots on the power gauge. I recharged them hoping they needed a break in, but they did the same thing. Now I have used them for 3 days, with only two dots showing, they don't seem to be going any lower, but I don't trust them. I just did a search and found a bunch of Duracells, I might of been looking for the same charger I used to have, that died, and couldn't find it. I hate to go spend more on a different brand...I didn't notice until now, the rechargeable's are 1.2 volt, whereas the regular are 1.5 volt, would that make a difference?

I don't want a battery pack, at least not a NiCad...

I have 8 energizer rechargeables I got from Wal-Mart..the charger charges 4 of them at a time, 15 min from dead to full charge..i wouldn't buy anything but rechargeable..

When buying a different brand make sure to test in the device before traveling too far. I have a [non MD] piece of equipment that just will not work with Duracell. I almost threw it out thinking it was broken. Works perfect with Energizer. Something is slightly out of spec but to date have not found it...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I use energizer and rayovac AA for my pro and start every hunt with batteries straight from the charger and can't tell any difference between them. I easily get 8 hrs with headphones maybe 6 without headphones before the pro gets down to 2 bars. Even in the same brand some have a higher MAH rating. I don't even no what that means but figure bigger is better. I have noticed that fresh from the charger lasts longer than if they have been out of the charger for even 1 day.

I just took the batteries that came in the detector out. It was a brand I had never heard of, Nuon, they are just alkaline, not rechargeable. They held all four dots for along time, then just recently went to two. I haven't been able to use it a lot since I got it, until lately. The Rayovac's I have are 1350 mAh...I have used them about 3 hours, and they are staying the same.

Back
Top Bottom