Quarater Hoarder defecting to Nokta Makro

They can Hype any model or brand that they want. Its obvious that money talks strongly to them. I will continue to use what I own and enjoy the hobby. Their opinion is based on getting free stuff and means nothing to me. If I hunted with them and saw that the machine they are hyping was far superior to mine I might change my attitude but until them. Nope not Going to happen.

As a tool user I like having a bunch of tools and don't have to create much of an excuse to buy tools. Would love to buy more detectors and will for sure. I'm ok with the ones I have for now.
My observations about the linked video are the guy talks way too much, shows his face way too much, wastes too much time holding his finds in front of the camera (while talking too much) and did not prove at all the Anfibio was better than the ATPRO at least in my mind he didnt. Wish I could get back the time I wasted watching that.
I dont watch any MD videos where the detectorist gets overly excited about anything, a sure fire turn off for me. I'm a fan of MDing ETex with Kevin youtube videos as that is the way to do it IMHO.
So no I didn't like the video but I do like new tools :-)

He's been using an ATPro forever. He switched to a different machine because one his hunting buddies has been using a Makro with good success. I say good for him.

He's got 10 links on his page so you can buy the equipment he claims to use. Sorry, I don't waste my time watching videos of someone just doing it to make a buck. Passion over profit, in my book.

I like Jason's vids regardless of what type of machine he uses. Been watching his channel for years. He has over 30,000 subscribers so I'm sure Garrett would gladly sponsor him as well if he preferred to keep using their machines. If he can make a buck while enjoying a hobby that he's clearly passionate about, good for him. To each his own.

Nothing wrong with making a buck off the hobby, but not at my expense. I hate watching videos that come off as infomercials. I love my AT Pro, but you will rarely hear me talking about it in my YouTube videos. I may mention what a particular coin or relic rang up as, but that's it.

It's bad enough to have to deal with ad banners and commercials in the middle of someone's video. The last thing I need is someone trying to hawk their detecting gear, especially if they're only recommending it because they're being paid to do that.

Plug master Ford put down his CTX 3030 and swings an anfibio now. Also started promoting that he can get you a deal on a nokta/macro machine. Claims his partner was beating him in dry soil with his. Not doubting it , just don’t like having a sales pitch thrown at me when I wanted to watch a video

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I watch Plugmaster Ford and Missouri Mike and noticed they switched. Thought it was interesting till I saw the Quarter Hoarder video which I believe was right about the time they all did a video together. It does feel too commercial.

pretty much all of the metal detecting stars that are sponsored don't do much for me. You really don't learn much new from their videos.

The one I watch often is Brad at Green Mountain Metal detecting. Brad does not seemed to be sponsored by anyone, but he does use an AT Pro. His videos have a calming effect I think because of the beautiful Green Mountains.

He makes technically good quality videos, has a nice sidekick in the person of Eddie. They are pretty low key in their videos but really know who to find the cellar holes.

It opens each video with some shots of the wilderness which is nice.

If I had far more permissions than time to thoroughly detect them--like some of those youtube "stars" seem to have--I think any mid-range or better detector will get the job done.

Back
Top Bottom