My bucket lister.

Chipk

Elite Member
BUCKET LISTER.

I’m searching a 1901 house that is next to an 1800s house that was occupied by Union officers during the Civil War. There is a flower bed between the two houses and I was scanning the half that belongs to the 1901 house and got a penny signal that was quite shallow. Assuming it was a Memorial I almost ignored it but went ahead and harvested it. However it was bigger than a penny and looked like a nickel. I gently rubbed it a bit and saw a shield. WOOHOO! I’ve only found one.

But when I flipped it over strangely there was a large 2 visible through the dirt and mud. Puzzled I stared at it and then I realized what I had found. A TWO CENT COIN! A TRUE BUCKET LIST COIN! Minted from 1864 to 1872, I never expected to find one. It has a bit of corrosion but otherwise has unbelievable detail.

Attachments

• 1B2D97AB-F8AA-4187-B0F6-D5BBF36B9373.jpeg
    1B2D97AB-F8AA-4187-B0F6-D5BBF36B9373.jpeg
    137.4 KB · Views: 392
  • AA343E27-254A-4609-8DED-CC95072D9449.jpeg
    AA343E27-254A-4609-8DED-CC95072D9449.jpeg
    120.5 KB · Views: 375
Wow, very cool and historic coin! I've never found one, will probably have to go back east to try and find something that neat!

Wow Chip, a major congrats on that one. I'm sure that's high on a lot of diggers list and you just crossed that one off. Sweet. HH Mark

That is an awesome find congratulations!
I am now dreaming of pulling this up out of a soft soiled lovely flower bed having carefully detected between the tulips without damaging them, the sun coming through the flowers, because it is of course dawn and the birds and non biting insects are all about. Then the bunnies come up from both sides mouths chewing some green stalks they have kindly removed from the area and looking curiously at the glowing coin in my open hands.

Ok. Sorry that should have been kept to myself [emoji1]

Big congrats on that beautiful find!

Congrats !!!! :thumbsup: …...now if you could only get permission to detect that 1800's house !

The house next door belongs to the brother of the house I was hunting and he wants to talk to me. He also owns a number of properties in the oldest area of town. He’s out of town until December and I WILL be knocking on his door.

Back
Top Bottom