Providence of Nova Scotia 1 penny token 1832

Jeff R

Elite Member
Well I left work today excited about getting out and swinging for a few minutes (to my favorite spot) and after 10 minutes bagged this 1832 Providence of Nova Scotia 1 penny token. Besides being dirty it is in great detail!
The parts that strike me funny is the size! (That is a ½ dollar next to it) and the edge is knurled concave! One of you folks from up north got any ideas? $$$
Explorer ll about 6 inches down in a iron field. Nails and such. My Explorer (iron) nulled out for 10 yards around in the area I found the Token.
1832.JPG

If it isn't a great down payment on an Minelab Excell (which it most likely isn't), I would consider cleaning it up a little more. But not much. That photo is water cleaning only - no rubbing. We'll see. Thanks

I think it's only worth $30 ???? What would you do?

Very nice, Jeff... and I imagine, very rare too. Great find!

What a great find Jeff. I'd love to dig one of those. Congrats! This isn't in my coin book but I see on a google search that there are some on ebay if you want a value.

If it's not worth much, soak in in olive oil for a while and then see what a soft brush will do.

Back
Top Bottom