• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Got some clad yesterday.

hoser

Forum Supporter
Didn't use the MD either. The wife and I went to town and had a hot sub. Didn't want to drive all the way home as the sub would have gotten cold. So we just sat in the parking lot and ate. Being the good MD'er, my eyes were scanning the ground outside of the car, and low and behold, I spotted a couple of pennies next to where the snowplow stops. I told the wife I was going treasure hunting. With the rolling of her eyes, she said knock yourself out... I got out of the car and walked along the snowbank for about 100'. Upon my return, I presented her with 54 cents in change. :lol: Even though I couldn't use my machine, I still got to do some coin hunting. Looks like this just might be a good place to go when the snow melts this spring eh. :lol:

Good job Hoser! I spot change on the ground in parking lots all the time. And yes, my wife rolls her eyes too, lol! She desn't complain though when she goes into my coin jar for a few quarters here and there. Hey, treasure is where you find it, right? I also check out the pennies in the "have a penny/take a penny" bin at convenience stores, and have found quite a few wheaties that way believe it or not, I always throw a few in if I take one.

Also in parking lots, check out the edges of parking spaces, close to the painted lines. I find lots of change there. I think people drop coins when they pull their keys out of there pockets to unlock the car. I can usually score 10 or more coins just walking in and out of Wally World.

I used to work at this national campground, and they originally bought this property from some people who had lived there since 1930's. Well Im being bored on my brake and spot a 5$ Bill under the board walk. I quickly whip up a small grabber invention and pull it out. Well the next day, I spotted a quarter and decided that when everyone left I would go ahead and unscrew the board real fast and yank it up and grab the quarter, being in my desperate state of 9.00 USD an hour. So I get the chance, and pick up the quarter only to reveal more. I ended up with 20$ in quarters, dimes, nickles, and pennies. No lie. Pretty Nifty :yes:

well i do pest control for a living so i am required to look under vending machines and i tell yah what those things dont catch all the money you put in some times ill find 2 or 3 bucks under just one hey free coke and snacky cakes for all

To tell you the truth, thats exactly what I did. Bought a pepsi, and a snickers right off the bat ;)

Back
Top Bottom