BOY! I'd Like To Detect That Yard

Martin_V3i

Elite Member
Do you ever watch the TV and sometimes see yards in video clips where you instantly think, "I'd sure like to put a coil over that yard!" The little details most people might not notice, such as rounded cement walkways, uneven sidewalks, victorian houses. Some screen shots on the boob tube get my immediate attention.

Or....am I just demented and "need to get a life?"

Happens all the time. Down here in Fl. our woods are thick with growth, but I see wooded areas on the tube that are ripe for hunting and wish I could hit that.

I don't have or watch much tv. But I can't drive anywhere without almost crashing because some place looks good to detect as I drive by

I don't have or watch much tv. But I can't drive anywhere without almost crashing because some place looks good to detect as I drive by

+1 I constantly find myself looking to the side while driving, scoping out new sites. It has produced at times, and of course, sometimes they don't. Ill intentionally drive down back roads that I've never even travelled before, just to look for old cellars/homesites that might be hidden in the woods. Lots of colonial houses up here, and 1600's is absolutely possible here. I just have a hard time knocking on doors, I really dont like being seen at all detecting honestly. Now of course that doesnt mean I dont go places I can be seen, just prefer to be alone in the middle of the woods searching for colonial relics/coins. Noone bugs me out there except the bugs! To each there own, but everyday I see places I wish I could hunt, for sure.

Take a drive thru the countryside and see those old homes and outbuildings and I dream about all those silver coins that are hiding there.

possible hunting spots

I catch my self doing that with the news about murders and shootings , I will see the crime scene tape , then will notice the old park or old building in the back ground.

Do you ever watch the TV and sometimes see yards in video clips where you instantly think, "I'd sure like to put a coil over that yard!" The little details most people might not notice, such as rounded cement walkways, uneven sidewalks, victorian houses. Some screen shots on the boob tube get my immediate attention.

Or....am I just demented and "need to get a life?"

no! not at all! this proves you are astute at picking out details! the issue is ,it can be very frustrating if what you see on the t.v is some 3,000 miles away, for example! no chance to detect!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

I am, for all intents, "brandy new" tho i did detect shortly decades ago. Just so you know...it IS possible to get some good sites. I have the following:
1. An INVITE to an 1850 farm...family for generations...NEVER DETECTED.
2.A local farm, founded early 1820's also NEVER DETECTED.
3. A family homestead less than two miles from me. Also never detected...circa.......1760.
Can you say, "Richie is stoked!"

I'm drooling Everytime I watch Gunsmoke or any of the old Westerns.

Lots of those Westerns were filmed on backlots OR on the (pre-Manson) Spahn Ranch or Vasquez Rocks. My grandmother used to go riding at Spahn, regularly. She knew the old guy who owned it.
Sage(No, my real name is NOT Squeaky!)Grouse

Back
Top Bottom