upgrading detectors any ideas?

wyoming hunter

Elite Member
im looking to upgrade detectors i have a bounty hunter pioneer 202 also known as the quick draw 2, good detector but im looking to upgrade from a beginner to mid range any ideas. ive heard good things about whites and garrett.just give me some pointers for a quality detector.

Upgrade

A Tesoro matching your price range will be a pleasure for you to use and own. They are coin magnets. As the owner of a Silver umax, (my second Tesoro) I would stick with Tesoro and buy the upgraded model you feel you need.

Johnny H

I agree with Johnny H, a Silver uMax cost $239.20 but works as good as a $500.00 or more detector. Although basic, no target readout,etc. it will find the "goodies". Steve.

so far ive found some nice ones on the web
ACE 250 (Garrett)
Pioneer 505(Bounty Hunter)
Fisher F2
Treasure Tracker (Just Kidding this is a toy detector)
Silver u max (testoro)
so which is the best from your expearences or tell me others. i mainly hunt for relics and coins, not at beaches, no beaches even close to here.

One other detector you might want to check out is the White's Classic ID. It has a battery life of almost 70 Hours with alkaline batteries and It is extremely good at picking out coins from semi-trashy sites. I bought one used for $235 and I love it. I have found more older coins per hunt than any other detector I have owned. And most of those coins came from areas I have hunted for 20 years.:yes:

ok ive been searching on kellyco and found these deals. sounds really good any Ace 250 users out there tell me how good they work?
http://www.kellycodetectors.com/garrett/garrett-ace250.htm
ive decided that the accessories look pretty good im also going to get the 40 doller probe
they also have the sports package and it has a smaller coil headphones that dont look all that good but i could be wrong a bag and some books and dvds.
http://www.kellycodetectors.com/garrett/garrett-ace250_sport.htm
which is better?

Decided to delete my post. Steve.

Attachments

• proluxephones-small.jpg
    proluxephones-small.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 537
also im looking for somthing that would be a big jump up from the bounty hunter model im using (quick silver 2) i know whites is a real good quality detector but is the ace pre tty good quality.

As the owner and user of many detectors of the high end as well as the low end units I will say that the Tesoro's are my favorite. They have one of the best discrimination circuits in the industry and a bullet proof lifetime warranty, not 2 or 5 years like the others, but a lifetime warranty and they mean it too. I really enjoy using all of my machines, but I can honestly say the Tesoro's is the most pleasant to use. Just my two cents!

Upgrading Detector

im looking to upgrade detectors i have a bounty hunter pioneer 202 also known as the quick draw 2, good detector but im looking to upgrade from a beginner to mid range any ideas. ive heard good things about whites and garrett.just give me some pointers for a quality detector.

Have you considered the White's Matrix M6? It is a really nice machine and it is easy to use. It is kind of expensive though.

i have been working to earn the money so far i have 175 but i have some more jobs to earn the rest

Back
Top Bottom